• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bumper markings M38a1

johan77

Who can provide me some full examples (or actual Vietnam era pictures) of bumper markings for my M38a1, if possible from an engineer bn that was operating during the Vietnam war ? Would it be correct if i paint on the sides of the hood U.S.ARMY and below this 20950587 in 2" letters ? And for the front bumper on the passenger side 1C-577E and on the driver side A-10, i assume that these are the same for use on the rear bumperettes ? Can someone confirm if these markings are correct for that era ?

Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything you mention sounds correct. Google image search for "Viet Nam War Jeep" may yield some good pictures. It's fine to copy unit markings from M151 vehicles which were more common over there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks