• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter or Centrifuge

MRDunlap

Im looking to get a M35A2 in the future and would like to run some waste oil. I can get some at work but its a catch all tank for oil, desiel, gas, trans fluid, gear oil, some water and coolant.
Im trying to decide on what way to go. i only plan to skim 25-50 gal of the top of the tank. Would filtering down to 1 micron be enough or should i just get a gravity centrifuge? Im looking for the most affordable option but dont wanta be causeing any engine or injector problems. Thanks

MRDunlap

A second note, anybody have any luck with the presure driven centrifuge from PA biodiesel? They have a lower set up cost, as long as they work

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The fuge is a larger up-front investment but the longer you use it the cheaper it gets. Just make sure you don't get one with too small of a bowl, or you will be cleaning it all the time!

jamestiede

Im looking to get a M35A2 in the future and would like to run some waste oil. I can get some at work but its a catch all tank for oil, desiel, gas, trans fluid, gear oil, some water and coolant.
Im trying to decide on what way to go. i only plan to skim 25-50 gal of the top of the tank. Would filtering down to 1 micron be enough or should i just get a gravity centrifuge? Im looking for the most affordable option but dont wanta be causeing any engine or injector problems. Thanks
Been doing this for 5 years now. Centrifuge is the only way to go. Filters are VERY messy and very stinky.... Also pick up a metering pulse pump. BSeries320x245px1.jpg Max 1 gallon per hour. Also pick up a inline heater to preheat the oil just before going into the centrifuge. boltonheater.jpgCentrifuge will clean oil down to about 1 micron. I clean about 250 gallons of oil before cleaning. The centrifuge I bought was from this guy. mike.jpgThere's another like it copied from this guy. In fact this guy updated the bowl and it fits the other guys centrifuge. I have a video if I you want I will send it to you.

Beyond Biodiesel

I first settle my waste oil blends for a month, then I am careful to separate the thin settled blend from the sediments on the bottom, then I use both filters and a PA biodiesel centrifuge. I have been running the same engine on waste oil blends for over 10 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks