• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why does log in time out?

dependable

I'm just about done posting any thing more than quick replies. Why does log in time out? yes I know I could check the 'remember me' box, but this is not a secure site, according to firefox, so why would I do that? Did not even find restore content function this time...

We are supposed to post with good spelling and punctuation on this site. For some of us, that takes time. Not so good to have it all go away after spending time on a thoughtful post or reply. The other forums I use do not do this.

DrillerSurplus

I'm just about done posting any thing more than quick replies. Why does log in time out? yes I know I could check the 'remember me' box, but this is not a secure site, according to firefox, so why would I do that? Did not even find restore content function this time...

We are supposed to post with good spelling and punctuation on this site. For some of us, that takes time. Not so good to have it all go away after spending time on a thoughtful post or reply. The other forums I use do not do this.
FWIW- I used to get a lot of interruptions, phone calls, other employees, kids, etc., etc- so if I was writing anything more than a quick reply, I started using MS Word to write up the post or message so I could save & edit it. Then, when it was finished, I'd copy and paste it into the email or forum. Some of the responses -for example: how to trouble shoot the fuel shut off on one of the drill rigs-tended to be needed periodically so I'd save the Word document for the next time. (hopefully naming it something I could find when I needed it again) Might be worth a try.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The remember me is just a cookie you're retaining on your PC. The secure site is because we're running HTTP and not HTTPS. (It will be shifted to https eventually) But yes, if you're not checking remember me, the site will time out after 15 or 30 minutes (can't recall exactly).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks