• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flow rates when filtering

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick question. How do you adjust or determine flow rates when using a gravity flow centrifuge? Is there a certain orifice you use, or do you just use a valve and just guesstimate?

Mt_Man

I bought a cup measure from a dollar store and made it so I could take off the clean out-flow hose. I used camlock fittings. Then I just measure how much comes out in a minute. If you have a faster flow rate than measuring cup can hold. You could do 30 seconds. I use a ball valve to adjust the flow into the centrifuge. I also put a low spot in the inlet hose so I could drain water out with another ball valve. The guy I bought the centrifuge system from had a chart he had calculated the different gallons per hour to cups per minute. I will grab some pictures of the chart in a few days and post them up if you would like.

Hope this helps, cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks