• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honoring the Proud American Gun Truck

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's been about 1.5 years since Proud American convoyed out west. Can we get an update on her status and that of the museum she is supposed to be displayed in?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't personally know the "agreement" made about the Proud.....if other has not honored his obligation, then I wouldn't hesitate to ask for her return. PB has ALWAYS been a stand up troop in my experience .....on here AND in real life. There is not a member I'd trust more.....

If we can help in ANY WAY, let us know PB.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, there is a really good Military Museum in Lexington, Nebraska and another huge one (I think in Dubois, WY). Seems to me it should go somewhere else......

Here's the website: https://www.freedomvehicles.org/ Nothing there but asking for money.
(Also, he hasn't been on here in almost a year)

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, there is a really good Military Museum in Lexington, Nebraska and another huge one (I think in Dubois, WY). Seems to me it should go somewhere else......

Here's the website: https://www.freedomvehicles.org/ Nothing there but asking for money.
(Also, he hasn't been on here in almost a year)
There is one in Dubois. They have a quad .50 gun truck. It’s not built to any specific truck, but it sure looks nice! A friend took these pictures which were taken inside the soon to open museum. It was scheduled to open around Memorial Day weekend. Not sure how the current brouhaha is going to affect that date. Here’s their website: https://nmmv.org/BDD0C0CB-5094-4966-A20E-D5D7E0AE9D45.jpegFDA81B91-AA02-4678-A398-CB7F1ECC76D5.jpeg23D37C43-CABA-446D-A123-2F341AA45A6A.jpeg7A016909-18F7-4058-831F-6CCF05C66CF7.jpeg3E1FECF9-1E79-4215-9B69-A41638B261F2.jpeg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There is one in Dubois. They have a quad .50 gun truck. It’s not built to any specific truck, but it sure looks nice! A friend took these pictures which were taken inside the soon to open museum. It was scheduled to open around Memorial Day weekend. Not sure how the current brouhaha is going to affect that date. Here’s their website: https://nmmv.org/View attachment 793461View attachment 793462View attachment 793463View attachment 793464View attachment 793465
That GT is built like the GT "NANCY"!!!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any word PB?

Anything we can do?

Not looking to cause trouble, but I remember crawling all over Proud......
I'd be glad to assist.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Let's remember...things happen...even to good people with good intentions but it would be nice to have SOME kind of update.

If I got taken advantage of, it won't be the first time, and probably not the last. I'll leave the judging and the punishment (if any is due) to our Good Lord.

I did what I did in good faith in hopes Proud American and the crew who fought her would be spread out west as there are still several GunTrucks over here in the east.
I still have high hopes that will happen and she is not rotting away under a tarp or sold for scrap metal.

Thank you all for caring.

Another Ahab

Fully understand PB but it would be nice if he gave an update. Shows the mark of a real loser.
PB, you got a good spirit. You're a good man. Thanks for that:

We might be right. We might be wrong.

All we know for sure is that we DON'T know. That is all we can be sure about.

Right? Stuff happens. Like the bud could have dropped dead -God forbid- of a massive heart attack the day after pick-up, who knows?

Anybody know a way to reach out to this guy?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks