• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Timing, EGT's and boost

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with auberins.... They have everything you need. I have the dual EGT and Boost. I have multiple PIDs around the house for meat curing, moonshining to 5 ton needs.

Mos68x

I went with auberins.... They have everything you need. I have the dual EGT and Boost. I have multiple PIDs around the house for meat curing, moonshining to 5 ton needs.
Mmmm shine! I miss me some of that!! Aint had no good shine since I left Alabama!

Ford Mechanic

I bought mine from Amazon, I wanted sweep guages and LCD for both in single guages. I had a Auberins in my last truck, some times the sun would glare and you couldn't read the display. Now if the display can't be read due to glare I can read the analog guage. They were 12 volt though. I had to build a 12 volt circuit switched by the ignition.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brazengoat06

So i adjusted my governor 4 clicks and gained maybe 300 rpm. but now i have excessive black smoke on acceleration from a dead stop. i never saw or read anything a bout having to counter adjust the pre boost fuel so am wondering if this is normal. thanks

74M35A2

Should be mostly independent. Governor springs control fuel rack vs RPM, so they control idle speed and max RPM. I think most people go 2 clicks, otherwise they lose idle rpm stability?

brazengoat06

I had high idle afterwards but was able to adjust it back to normal no issue. Just have the black smoke. Should I just go back and adjust the ore boost fuel or look to see if I messed something up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks