• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of members rides in their parades

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 729764 View attachment 729765 View attachment 729761 here's a few from today, a few driving and one of little dude and I at the ceremony.
I consulted an active duty friend if mine and was told I had everything correct so if I still got it wrong please let me know. Knowege is power. I don't get butt hurt when being corrected
Your display, as best I can tell, is quite appropriate, Ben.

Keep up the good work!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing those pics!

Your location makes me wonder what stories those MV's could tell if they could talk.

I start to wonder when and how they were surplussed into civilian hands in a remote location such as yours. I wonder if they were abandoned, or auctioned. Might they have been a military assistance "gift" toward the protection of the Canary Islands, then surplussed out? Were they US stockpiled in the region "just in case", and how have they been maintained or restored so very well?

Ah, if these trucks could talk.....

reom34

Thanks for your words.My English is so bad but I try explain to you.
The Canary Islands are seven islands and I live in Tenerife.
In my island there are next to 100 jeeps.Most of them are GPW and Mb Jeeps.
All of them arrived in 50's from England.
The farmers bought it for farmer works from English excedents.
Today we have near 50% of these jeeps restored.
The truck is mine.Is one of a lot M34 Spanish army bought in 60's from USA army bases in Germany.
Today is the only one in gasser engine I know.
Most of them were changed to diesel but when I restored it I changed to original engine again.
Thanks for sharing those pics!

Your location makes me wonder what stories those MV's could tell if they could talk.

I start to wonder when and how they were surplussed into civilian hands in a remote location such as yours. I wonder if they were abandoned, or auctioned. Might they have been a military assistance "gift" toward the protection of the Canary Islands, then surplussed out? Were they US stockpiled in the region "just in case", and how have they been maintained or restored so very well?

Ah, if these trucks could talk.....
Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your words.My English is so bad but I try explain to you.
The Canary Islands are seven islands and I live in Tenerife.
In my island there are next to 100 jeeps.Most of them are GPW and Mb Jeeps.
All of them arrived in 50's from England.
The farmers bought it for farmer works from English excedents.
Today we have near 50% of these jeeps restored.
The truck is mine.Is one of a lot M34 Spanish army bought in 60's from USA army bases in Germany.
Today is the only one in gasser engine I know.
Most of them were changed to diesel but when I restored it I changed to original engine again.

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you for your excellent reply.
My Spanish is minimal or less.

Your English is quite understandable. Thank you for your contributions to this website.

You've shared a great bit of history.

Vaya con Dios!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
37407160.jpg Southern California, our last Huntington Beach 4th of July parade with American Legion Post 133.

twisted60

Couple pictures from yesterday.
IMG_1146.jpg3C41AAE6-EF99-47AB-B7A9-092640CEF763.jpg580661801.276099.jpg580661846.785013.jpg
Queen of Peace Cemetery, services with a small display. My HMMWV proudly flying her flags.

IMG_1167.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1170.jpgIMG_1173.jpg
Cocoa, Fl Parade line up and display after.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks