• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv 6.5l purchased, turns out to be a 6.2l

shawnshumvee

So the two different pictures that you are looking at are from two different people. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok. So the pictures from GP's website (via your link or someones link) is the pictures we should be looking at and replying to? If So then, that engine is a 6.2 L NA D engine.

i will upload the pictures again. Just look at the pictures and it clearly shows the difference between the engines. Also you can research engine numbers to be darn sure.

IMG_2914.jpgIMG_2915.jpg

tronchaser

I bought mine 08/2016. It was listed as a 6.2L, by the pictures I could tell it was a GEP 6.5. That's why I bid up to 9,800. I am sure the other two bidders knew what I did since most of the other bidders stopped around 6,000. Looking at the pictures of the oil pump/tach and emissions label on valve cover usually tells you a lot. Not always, but the oil pump/tach bolt location will definitely tell you 6.2 or 6.5. I was lucky mine showed a GEP emissions label. Mine starts with a flip of the switch at 30 degrees F........ I've never driven a 6.2, but mine runs super sweet!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no dog in this fight, but if I decide to purchase from GP in the future, I'm concerned.

While I hate the courts for being biased against the common man and for being slow and archaic, there is no vendor public or private that can ignore a class action law suit for systemic false advertisement not limited to "bait and switch".

JEB

You might get some action of you call, or threaten to call, the Army.
The media, politicians and others (like your state Atty.General) would likely have something to say if an outfit, hired to sell govt. surplus items, is allegedly defrauding the public.

I could see them being found in violation of their contract and punished...or banned..from doing business with the government if they are doing stuff like this.

Start by looking up state "lemon laws", they will tell you who to contact.

In short, if you think you've been cheated, do something.

Last edited:

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gov Planet is definitely a buyer beware site. I still buy quite a bit from them, but I look pretty closely at the posted pictures before bidding and save all the pictures in case parts walk off between the pictures being taken and picking up the rig. I also accept that if something is wrong, they are very unlikely to make it right without getting a lawyer involved.

Last year they were selling complete NOS 2009 takeoff cabs for FMTV's in crates. They had a lot of pictures where they opened one of the crates and showed exactly what you were getting as well as listing everything very specifically in the description. I got a couple of them and when I opened them up when I got them home I found 1 was exactly as advertised. The second was from a wrecked 2002 truck from Kuwait. Front of the cab was crushed, windows were broken, parts were missing, cab was full of sand, etc. The 2002 are A1 trucks using a Cat 3126 engine and the 2009's they advertised them as are A1R that use a Cat C7 so wiring harness, PCB, instruments, etc. are not interchangeable. When I contacted them, they flat out refused to make it right. They said the images were "representative" and that a wrecked 2002 cab was basically the same as a NOS 2009 cab and if I was concerned about what I was getting, I should have opened the 8' x 10' x 8' crate (takes multiple hours and a high-lift forklift to open) in the lot before accepting the cabs. No discounts, no refund, no exchange for what I actually purchased.

I have had parts walk off (that were clearly in the pictures) before I got there to pick the trucks up, seen trucks damaged between buying them and picking them up, etc. I know of one truck where Gov Planet ran into it with a fork lift trying to move it around after the auction close. For that one, they refused to admit anything was wrong until they were presented with the auction photos showing no damage and pictures of the damage when the driver picked the truck up. For that one, I think they finally agreed to refund their portion of the fees, but no additional compensation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks