• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible road trip to Tennessee, Won M4KN 4K Forklift

Stonepicker1

Sorry in advance if anyone here was bidding.

I won a Case, M4KN, 4,000 lb Forklift on Gov deal auction today. Took it into overtime a few times, but finally was able to win in the end. Another bidder wanted it bad.

Paid a little more than I wanted, but still happy with the price.

Its located at Jonesborough, Tennessee.

I have operated and maintained this type of a forklift at my old unit in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for years. I just love the M4K...plus it has an enclosed cab...:naner:

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet, I just got one too and love it. I have an extra wheel/tire if you need it. They are kinda heavy at 10,000 lbs, I gave the 6.5 Chevy pickup a break and had mine hauled in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chase vehicle, and drive it home?:driver:

Stonepicker1

Because I won this forklift in TN and not knowing if it has any issues with the engine/rad. I went ahead and just won the CNH modification kit out of Lockbourne, OH in overtime. see picture.

I was also bidding on the same kit out of Fort Meade, MD, but it went to high before closing.($4,600 before fee's)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I was looking for a replacement 4bt a few years ago for something and posted a thread asking if any mil surp motors were out there.

Interesting.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ive got good take off 15-19.5s for the m4k if those are in bad shape too

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Phil you are the only one that blows more tires than me on a recovery, I average at least one a recovery! Last trip to the MVPA convention in Cleveland first on the way there, cracking the frame where receiver hitch bolted on, and on return shredding a trailer tire and then failure of the U bolt that held the spring to the trailer axle. Hope you get home ok.

Stonepicker1

Made it home. All went well.

I drove at about 60-63mph. I sure do miss the AC. lol.

The tires on the dually were the original tires that came with the truck when I bought it years ago. They looked good, so I took a chance. It was a last min thing taking this truck.

Plans were to take the crew cab CUCV-II, But it needs an injector pump now. Blows black smoke and RPM's going crazy. Thought it might be the PMD, but it wasn't.

Now the Dually has new tires for the next trip. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks