• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Pilot's M36a2 Build

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So dealing some electrical issues still. Can't seem to get any of my gauge to work still and having issues with the lights in the rear. But on top of that brakes now get hard as rock and an air line blew.
Not sure what this one does though. Seems to go to the transmission.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
The hose in the bottom picture... The one that rolls out and over over the frame rail... The one that looks like it is wrapped in electrical tape? Whatever it is shouldn't be riding on the edge of the frame rail. Is it dry rotted?

Dead pilot

The hose in the bottom picture... The one that rolls out and over over the frame rail... The one that looks like it is wrapped in electrical tape? Whatever it is shouldn't be riding on the edge of the frame rail. Is it dry rotted?
The electrical tape is the the wiring harness. I took the hose off the the pipe that is circled.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck has 'paperclips' on the front. That would explain why you have parts of the deep water fording kit installed. My 36 came that way. The air was supposed to pressurize the clutch housing, transmission, transfer case and the axles with enough air to keep water out of those parts.

Dead pilot

That truck has 'paperclips' on the front. That would explain why you have parts of the deep water fording kit installed. My 36 came that way. The air was supposed to pressurize the clutch housing, transmission, transfer case and the axles with enough air to keep water out of those parts.
Now that makes sense. I didn't even think to look at deep water fording stuff.
And now the other things that didn't seem right makes more sense too.

Dead pilot

The Paperclips on the front bumper can also indicate use and ownership by the USMC or Seabees while on active duty. Paperclips were used to crane lift them onto ships from what I've been told.
From what I know from this truck it was a Marine Corps truck. Then went to Air Force Reserves at the end of its time. Started off on Camp Pendleton and ended up March ARB. Other then that I haven't been able to get much more. Which is still alot more then some people can find out about their trucks.
Now I just need to repair all the deep water fording stuff. But 1st gotta get the main stuff done

Dead pilot

While I'm waiting on some electrical parts I figured I'd deal with the brake issues. When I put everything back together everything worked great. Then I added the remote reservoir and that's when the problems started. I go from have no brakes to brakes locked up. I took the remote reservoir off and bled the system and now when I push on the brakes, brake fluid shoots out the vent line. Not sure why it's doing that now when it didn't before

Dead pilot

Well now it seems like the master cylinder has an issue. I forgot to take pictures of the issue before I closed up the shop today. But it seems like at the end of the spring, that piece is three pieces. I only know cause there is a metal piece with holes in it a rubber thing and the metal part that goes on the spring. They don't stay together so I guess it's time to order a master rebuild kit. Unless I'm missing something with that part

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks