• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Pilot's M36a2 Build

mhb285

That long bed is certainly cool. And it is half of a drop side. Steel hardtop is desirable. But the interior shows...umm...signs of use and would ...umm...greatly benefit from a few easy to replace parts! A great time to think about a few mods you know you would love to make anyway, such as power steering (you need a new steering wheel, so now is the time to go whole hog!) :driver:,HUMVEE or MRAP seats (I mean, what are you gonna do? Replace seat covers??? hehe), remote brake fluid reservoir (ok, that's basically a must do)....

I stop thinking now.

I've got one left of the HMMV upgrade kits I bought a while ago.... PM me if interested...

texas30cal

Not bad at all! Looks like you've already started putting her back together, it will make for a nice truck. I'm curious about the tracked armor and artillery in the background?

Dead pilot

That long bed is certainly cool. And it is half of a drop side. Steel hardtop is desirable. But the interior shows...umm...signs of use and would ...umm...greatly benefit from a few easy to replace parts! A great time to think about a few mods you know you would love to make anyway, such as power steering (you need a new steering wheel, so now is the time to go whole hog!) :driver:,HUMVEE or MRAP seats (I mean, what are you gonna do? Replace seat covers??? hehe), remote brake fluid reservoir (ok, that's basically a must do)....

I stop thinking now.
The interior really needs help that's for sure. It does give me room to do things. I don't think I'm going change to seat the seat out right now. Just getting re done for now but that could change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dead pilot

I have a full tank of diesel in my tank that i have no idea how long it's been in there. It still smells like diesel. Should I drain it and put fresh fuel in or will it be fine as Is?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what we would do: Hopefully it is the old diesel that did not have the bean oil in it. If so, it stays good longer. I think I would take some out into a glass jar to see if it looks off-color. If it looks good, I would add the prescribed amount of a good algae killer to be safe. Check the inside of the tank for rust and other obvious problems. If it still looks clean inside you are probably OK. Drain a bit off the bottom through the drain if you can get it out to check for any water. If all above is good, add a couple of quarts of ATF to help clean the system and lubricate it.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, when you start using the new diesel, be sure to add a lubricant like Lucas fuel treatment or other quality product with every fill-up. For cold weather of course you will want anti-gel.

Dead pilot

I was going over the truck a little bit this weekend and was trying to go over the markings to figure out where it's been. I didn't get to clean up the spray paint over the markings but I grabbed a pic of what's there. Any thoughts? It was on Camp Pendleton for a while from what I know.
Also how do you read the date stamps on the axles this what my front has.

Last edited:

rustystud

I was going over the truck a little bit this weekend and was trying to go over the markings to figure out where it's been. I didn't get to clean up the spray paint over the markings but I grabbed a pic of what's there. Any thoughts? It was on Camp Pendleton for a while from what I know.
Also how do you read the date stamps on the axles this what my front has.

Hope it is not the one we got stuck on the beach at Pendelton ! That one was exposed to some serious salt water !

Dead pilot

I got some more time on her today. Was able to dig up a lot of little peices that I need. Stuff to rebuild the gauge cluster, mirror brackets, 3 wheels, a driver side windshield and few other things.
The fuel seems good at all the points I check, fuel tank and the filters. Getting new batteries this week. So maybe in the couple of weeks I'll get her to run. Brakes are gonna need work probably have to rebuild the mc since there is no cap and it's bone dry. Main drive shaft is back in also.
I also found more info on the truck it self. It's a 67 kaizer jeep m36a2c and I found something really cool. It looks like some papers from it's last unit back in 87.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks