• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Pilot's M36a2 Build

Dead pilot

Got some good work done on the deuce. Went through all 10 tires to put good one on. And got the drive shaft put back in and parking brake hooked back up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dead pilot

Hopefully soon. Brakes are next to do this week or next and then once she starts then she'll move around the yard

Dead pilot

I wasn't planning on doing the wheels it just came up since we moved it. Or I would have done them then

Dead pilot

So I've came across a slight problem. I went to put the doors on and well the screw plates on the cab are shot. Either stripped out or broken screw in it. There's also a bit of rust on the driver side bottom of the door area and some up near the driver side windshield. It's seems next to impossible to get that plate out. Would it be better to changed out the cab or try and repair the spots.

rustystud

So I've came across a slight problem. I went to put the doors on and well the screw plates on the cab are shot. Either stripped out or broken screw in it. There's also a bit of rust on the driver side bottom of the door area and some up near the driver side windshield. It's seems next to impossible to get that plate out. Would it be better to changed out the cab or try and repair the spots.

It's a bit tricky but the door plates can be changed out. You can make up your own out of stainless steel. The rust can also be dealt with, with a few well placed repair panels. Use the search function for people who have repaired their rusty cabs.

Last edited:

Dead pilot

I was able to get my hands a on cab that is in much better shape then the cab that's on the truck right now. And it's a good thing cause there was way more rust that was able to be seen till the fenders came off. And so many bolts are rusted in so bad. The new cab just needs a patch panel put in and it came with so that makes it easier

rustystud

I was able to get my hands a on cab that is in much better shape then the cab that's on the truck right now. And it's a good thing cause there was way more rust that was able to be seen till the fenders came off. And so many bolts are rusted in so bad. The new cab just needs a patch panel put in and it came with so that makes it easier

I'm glad you where able to get another cab. Having to deal with major rust is a total pain !

Dead pilot

Got some work done on the the couple of days. The cut out peice has been replaced just need to get the mirror mounting peice for that side. Took all the hardware off the cab and clean the cab done for primer, undercoating, and then paint.
Next is tearing down the doors to make sure the windows work good and the latches are working.
So much to get done on this cab but since it's off I figured to do it right so it last and I don't have to do it again for a while

Dead pilot

More working done today. Got the old cab off and the rest of the good stuff out of it. And now it's in the scrap pile.
Next thing to come off is the bed.

Dead pilot

Having access to that crane made it so much easier to get that junk cab off. Even with leaving the steering column on.

Dead pilot

Yup still at it. Well getting back at it. I had shoulder surgery back in May and finally can start working on it again.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yup still at it. Well getting back at it. I had shoulder surgery back in May and finally can start working on it again.

Whenever you get done with yours I've got an M36A2 and an M36A3 that need some attention too! if you feel motivated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks