• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

55 gallon drum pickup tube

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bung adapter will have to have a tube screwed into the bottom that is submerged in fuel.
View attachment 715656

You need to monitor and make sure the tank float shuts the auxiliary pump off when it gets full. Pump the tank down until the auxiliary pump will run and connect to the external fuel supply. It should refill the tank and shut the auxiliary pump off so the tank doesn't over flow. I have never had a problem with mine but I have read where others have.
Where did you purchase your bung and Inlet tube for your tank setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

csheath

Where did you purchase your bung and Inlet tube for your tank setup?

My bung adapter came with my unit. The tube is 3/8" od aluminum I threaded 1/4 npt on one end.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Generator AUX fuel connections

fuel can adapter.jpg

Adapter, Container NSN 5342-00-066-1235 MFR P/N: 13211E7541
Is the 5 gallon/55 gallon bung adapter which the aux fuel line connects to.
CONSISTS OF 3/8 XT RED BRASS TUBE
¼ RED BRASS TUBE
BRASS WASHER
RUBBER RING (STOPPER)
RUBBER WASHER
STEEL WASHER
SHOULDER SCREW (2
HEAD CLAMP
FUEL HEAD ADAPTER
NIPPLE 5205X5X4

Last edited:

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fitting on this adapter in the picture fits the factory mep803a auxiliary fuel line?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone here have a good recommendation for a fuel water separator to hang on 55 gallon drum for added protection?

Thank you,

NormB

Diesel storage, filtration, and handling

Anyone here have a good recommendation for a fuel water separator to hang on 55 gallon drum for added protection? Thank you, Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I got one of these Z08B00fo9x4.JPG(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTXQZTT/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to put inline with a handcrank rotary pump

81rprr3J4PL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.zoro.com/great-plains-industries-rotary-pump-123000-06/i/G1564215

or electric transfer pump (Fuel Works 12/24V for diesel)

5f4f81d3-58fb-4e4a-b2a7-b2f78753cfa6._CR55,55,1091,1091_PT0_SX300__.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AXE6C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Z08B1zfo9x4.JPGFilters are cheap enough. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YQSR8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 less in bulk elsewhere (about $5 less at Zoro.com I found out later so I bought some).

Got all this stuff plus two 55 gal. drums, drum dollies, still waiting for the slab to be done for my garage in TN so I can start moving all this cr@p down there.

4-1/2 years to go (but who's counting?).

Norm (who tried multiple times to get formatting correct, but html wasn't working on the PC/browser for some reason but who's OCD enough to want to make a better presentation so he edited it first thing Monday morning)

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I use the goldenrod filter setup on my transfer barrel. I like that you can see the condition of filter and see water collecting in the bottom of the bowl. You can also drain any water out with out taking the filter appart. I believe i paid less than $40 for one with 3/4in npt fittings

Bmxenbrett

The hand crank kind always work. I pumped two 55gal drums full K1 this past summer..then got home and pumped it out.

csheath

I love my 12v pump set up. I keep a cap on the nozzle end and everything else is sealed. All I have to do is connect the leads to one of the generator batteries, flip the switch, and start filling. The volume is equal to or better than any fuel station pump so filling is fast and easy.

I will most likely never use my auxiliary fuel set up but I'm not willing to part with it.

Instructing the wife on filling the generator tank was MUCH easier than trying to teach her how to connect the auxiliary fuel connection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks