• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Summer Rally Aug, 4-6 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. camping

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't saying we should eat speedy! Ha ha ha! He doesn't have enough meat for everyone anyway. Ha ha. Have you ever taken him camping? He'd probably love all that space to chase balls
You had me worried there for a bit:D Now that you mention it I don't take him with me cause he is so small he can get lost real easy and being black he is even harder to find. Since we're on the topic of canines, we will be taking Molly so that Norris has a friend to chase around.

BnaditCorps

It always seems like I am unavailable for these things! I have to remember that we do this the first week of August generally. Off to the East Coast of MTB Nationals July 5th and won't be back til the 5th or 6th of August.

On the flip side I don't have an MV so I guess it would be better to wait until I get one.

:|

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shout out to Blendmaster and Prospector.

Multiple issues needed attention from me in 2015, 2016, and early 2017. Finally able to get back to a little O.D. madness after July 4.

After being M.I.A. for two years I finally get to go to the Big Bear event. Two pals from the Central Coast Convoy are eager to come along. Minimum one GPW jeep and one M35A2C deuce. Maximum One GPW Jeep, one M35A2C deuce and one M43 ambulance. "The Three Man Brigade" (Bob, Gary and Gordon definitely attending) Dark Army (Anthony is a maybe).

Keep us posted on the fire status should it create a problem.

Prospector GM

Shout out to Blendmaster and Prospector.

Multiple issues needed attention from me in 2015, 2016, and early 2017. Finally able to get back to a little O.D. madness after July 4.

After being M.I.A. for two years I finally get to go to the Big Bear event. Two pals from the Central Coast Convoy are eager to come along. Minimum one GPW jeep and one M35A2C deuce. Maximum One GPW Jeep, one M35A2C deuce and one M43 ambulance. "The Three Man Brigade" (Bob, Gary and Gordon definitely attending) Dark Army (Anthony is a maybe).

Keep us posted on the fire status should it create a problem.
:jumpin::jumpin:It is always a pleasure to see you , your brother ,Dark Army and your friends . Looking forward to seeing your completed 1943 GPW Jeep,:-D:p[thumbzup] last time I saw your Jeep was when my wife and I stopped by your place in Bishop about a year and a half ago .:driver::driver:

NovacaineFix

I'm sure they will get that fire under control, we got well over a month to go.
Besides, all the major fuel burned up last year when we were coming down the mountain.
20160807_122108(0).jpg20160807_153056.jpg

I remember this all too well. If it were a day or 2 earlier, I would've had no way home. It burned both sides of the freeway and then some
fire.gif

BnaditCorps

I'm sure they will get that fire under control, we got well over a month to go.
Besides, all the major fuel burned up last year when we were coming down the mountain.
View attachment 686542View attachment 686543

I remember this all too well. If it were a day or 2 earlier, I would've had no way home. It burned both sides of the freeway and then some
View attachment 686544
I remember in 2015 we were one of the last non fire vehicles to come down Hwy16/Hwy20 as one of the fires (Rocky Fire I think) advanced up to the road. My dad thought it was really funny since we saw 2 strike teams from our area, and 2 of the units were from the city he works in and another was from the volunteer department we're in. Gave them a wave and toot of the horn as we went by. Looked like they were setting up for a burn operation, there had to of been at least 30 engines per 3-5 miles on the road.

Of course we got home and my dad went back up there on another strike team. He came back and said how one night it was just his strike team out on the fire (in the waning stage of the fire) and he was essentially in command of the fire since the Ops Chief and IC were off at night since there wasn't much going on after they got containment. He drove from one end of the fire to other several times that night to keep in contact with his units since the repeaters had a hard time reaching some of them due to the terrain.

Story time over for now, sorry for the rant.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is firmed up. Bob and Gary will attend with their neat command tent (like the picture attached), and pretty sure our pilot R.J. (picture of his plane attached) will tag along driving the M35 to the site while I drive the jeep. (Pictures attached).

So...Blendmaster2002, tell me where, when and how to pony up the $$$$ for four of us. Could I send it to a PayPal account?

Attachments

Last edited:

saltydeuce

Looks like I'll be driving a new girl out to this event picked up a m817 this weekend and the deuce will be mad when she finds out ahes not going. Would towba r it but that road is a little to small for that see you guys up their

Another Ahab

Looks like I'll be driving a new girl out to this event picked up a m817 this weekend and the deuce will be mad when she finds out ahes not going. Would towba r it but that road is a little to small for that see you guys up their
Nice. Is that going to be a working truck for you?

MAdams

I plan on going and bringing my 5 ton and M105 to sleep in. Any plans on shooting at the range?

Salty, if you want to caravan together, I am at where the 210 and 57 meet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks