• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Summer Rally Aug, 4-6 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. camping

NovacaineFix

Okay, not sure if anyone is interested but I thought this may be a good tool to use for when these rallies are getting together.

I have the Zello app on my phone, and it works like a CB radio. It always seems that we are trying to get in touch with someone or if someone is running late, no one has their number to call to see if they need help or they are on their way . So I thought this may a good solution, this way, we don't need to have that 1 person that has everyone else's number to call.

It may not be great for when on the trails and in the desert where cell phone coverage is spotty, but in other cases it works great.

It is free to download, best to sign up, just like an email account. It's simple.

Here is the link:

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 10.15.24 AM.png

There are apps for Android, iPhone, and the other types of phones. Sorry Prospector, not flip phone apps, lol.:-(

I set up a channel for just us, but there are others out there or you can set up your own channel for any type of group.

The channel I set up is called: SoCal MV's
or click this link . >>>http://zello.me/k/eZ1Cn<<<
My handle/screen name is 5tonFluffy

It is pretty easy to set up and use. Like I say, it's like setting up an email but works like a CB for your cell phone.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updated plans

UPDATED PLANS : Looks like Dave is bringing his WW2 WC weapons carrier, R.J. is bringing his deuce, I am bringing my WW2 GPW jeep, and two more people want to attend. Chris with his M38A1 jeep and trailer, and Jim with his jeep. Chris and Jim need to firm up their schedules to make a firm commitment.

So...The list for our group will look like this: Gary, Bob, R.J., Chris, Jim and Myself = 6 people (seven maybe)
Vehicles... M35 Deuce, M38A1 Jeep, WW2 GPW Marine Jeep, WW2 Army or Navy Jeep, WW2 WC-Dodge Weapons Carrier.

I will firm everything up before the event.

What day is set for a firm final count of those who will attend? I want to make sure our group is firmed up by then.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

There is no time limit, you can decide to attend the event while is is happening and come out and join us!
I just like to have a rough estimate of people in attendance ahead of time and what vehicles to watch for.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Blendmaster2002

On a serious note, I have been thinking we should have a swapmeet Saturday morning.

So bring some military vehicle or military related stuff out to sell!

If you want to post up some items you are thinking to bring to gauge interest that's fine.

Prospector GM

On a serious note, I have been thinking we should have a swapmeet Saturday morning.

So bring some military vehicle or military related stuff out to sell!

If you want to post up some items you are thinking to bring to gauge interest that's fine.

Swapmeet:jumpin::jumpin: on Saturday, sounds cool. I have some military related items I will bring! Oh, but no speedo's :driver::driver:

Prospector GM

Ail right every one I am building a :jumpin::jumpin: giant Jenga game. Jenga games are normally 54 pieces, I decided to build the larger 72 piece set. :naner::naner:So you can step up and test your skills if you dare.:beer: :driver::driver:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final Count

Blendmaster & ProspectorGM,

This is the final tally from the wild bunch who will be attending.

Final Count from Bishop: G. Felice - 1971 M35A2C and/or 1943 Marine GPW jeep.

Final count from the coast Pismo Beach: Gary Hanes - 1941 Dodge WC4 - Bob Amaral 1942 Ford GPW - J.R. Smith 19?? M35A2

G. Felice,
Leaving Thursday morning.

Coastal group:
We're pulling out at 0700 Friday morning. Bringing special Carne Asada ala Natasha for soft tacos. Bob planning on making special peach cobbler in his dutch ovens. Unknown what else for Friday night.

Rumor says rain? Bringing tent and canvas.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks