• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Summer Rally Aug, 4-6 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. camping

Blendmaster2002

Doughnuts!! for the Friday morning convoy to camp. Show up to meet spot at 8:00 am - 9:00am, convoy leaving meet spot at 9:00am. Post up if you are coming so we can watch for you.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

MAdams

I'm fixing a few small things this week and will likely head up Friday afternoon. Couple quick questions.

1. Is there any chance of shooting? Just need to know if I should pack a few guns or not.
2. If you look on google maps at Big Pine Flat Family Campground, how far away will everyone be parked? Making sure I can spot people when I turn off Coxey
3. Anyone else going up Friday afternoon from the 210 freeway?
4. Is there any cell phone reception?
5. Is the road better going up Cajon to Hesperia, or taking the 18 through Running Springs?

armytruck63

1. No shooting due to fire danger.
2. We will be at the group campground.
3. Speaking for myself, I'll be up either Friday night or early Saturday morning (no more vacation time left).
4. Don't think so.
5. I myself will be going up either 330 to 18 or 38 due to where I live. Highway 38 is longer but not as steep.

Blendmaster2002

Army truck pretty well covered it.

1. No shooting at near by ranges due to fire danger.
2. There is two big pine flat campgrounds, family and group. We will be only at the group location, go to the fist post and click on the map links to see how to get there.
3. Several people come in this way during the event usually.
4. At the campground not really, some people can achieve spotty reception with a short steep hike .
5. As far as the dirt roads go the smoothest route with the least dirt is in thru fawnskin, which is on my 330 map link.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

NovacaineFix

If you are wanting to contact anyone as your driving up (still within cell phone reception), you can download that app I posted in post #44, called Zello.
It makes your phone work like a CB radio, I set up a channel just for our group.

Not trying to push it or anything, but myself and TrueKnight tried it out and it works just fine, as long as you have cell reception.
The reason I bring this up is this way if you are running late and need to contact anyone, here is probably the best way without trying to exchange phone numbers and all that.

You can always delete or uninstall the app afterwards at your leisure, but it works just fine.

Now after you lose cell service, you can try CB channel 5, but very much doubt that anyone would be able to hear you unless you are relatively close due to the hills.

saltydeuce

Ok guys with work and everything else going on I will not be able to make it to Saturday morning will be pulling out around 4am coming up the back way through main street see you guys then

Valor

I will try and come up on saturday for the day. I might bring 2 of my grandsons with me. I will go up through lucerne valley, hwy 18 and then through fawnskin to big pine flat. I will drive my M923A2. Hope you see all there. Greg in apple valley.

True Knight

I will try and come up on saturday for the day. I might bring 2 of my grandsons with me. I will go up through lucerne valley, hwy 18 and then through fawnskin to big pine flat. I will drive my M923A2. Hope you see all there. Greg in apple valley.
Yeah come up for a relaxing day on Saturday!

Prospector GM

I'm fixing a few small things this week and will likely head up Friday afternoon. Couple quick questions.

1. Is there any chance of shooting? Just need to know if I should pack a few guns or not.
2. If you look on google maps at Big Pine Flat Family Campground, how far away will everyone be parked? Making sure I can spot people when I turn off Coxey
3. Anyone else going up Friday afternoon from the 210 freeway?
4. Is there any cell phone reception?
5. Is the road better going up Cajon to Hesperia, or taking the 18 through Running Springs?
Hello MAdams

In responce to qust. #2 From Fawnskin. Turn onto Forest Road 3N14(also known as Rim of the World Dr and Coexy Rd/ Coxey truck trail.) and continue about 6 miles to Forest Road 3N16. Turn left and continue less than a mile, then turn right and continue to the campground.
google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.1...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0 On the google map it shows the Big Pine Flat Equestrian Group Campground as Big Pine Flat Road. I will put a flag on each side of the entrance to the campground. :driver::driver:

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brutus ain't going out with me this time. Do you have any room in your truck? I wasn't expecting this many peeps to tag along.

Blendmaster2002

I will be in my M36A2 and Prospector in his M35A2C for the convoy Friday this morning at the meet spot at 8:00 am until 9:00am with Doughnuts, see details and map link in first post.

I will BBQ Saturday for everyone- hamburgers, some turkey burgers, hot dogs, fresh home made potato salad, baked beans and cup cakes Return!!

Please remember to use the sign in sheet with the Ammo box for Campground fee collection located at the center of camp pick nick table, $15.00ea Adult, Children Free See first post for more info.

armytruck63

Rainfall for the last few days:
SAN BERNARDINO CO.
MOUNTAINS ELEV 1H 3H 6H 12H 24H 48H 3D
BPFC1 BIG PINE FLAT RAWS 6908 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.25 0.87

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks