• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Summer Rally Aug, 4-6 Big Bear California San Bernardino Mtns. camping

Gripy

Hundy, that still happens just not in big bear where things like to catch fire after looking at them wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JDToumanian

Man I really miss the 'ole days when we would drag race, tug o war, light things on fire and blow $hit up!!!!!
I might see you guys this weekend--
Not me, that was why I stopped going. I still have hearing loss and tinnitus in my left ear from a firecracker some drunk a-hole threw at me. "Heads up" doesn't mean "plug your ears" for people who aren't in on the joke.

armytruck63

IMG_1546.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1549.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1553.jpgA great event as usual! Great people, great scenery, great weather and great fun! I would have taken more photos, but my battery died at the beginning of the trail ride. The trail ride was great. Technical but not impossible. I was able to follow the big trucks in my stock M38A1.

I like the friendly family atmosphere of this event. Thanks to Blendmaster for putting on this great event

Valor

2017 Big Bear Summer Event

I"d like to say a big THANK YOU to all the guys at the event. My grandson and I had a great, fun time. Wish we could have stayed overnight but didn't plan on that. Am looking forward to more events. My 5 ton is ready. I checked it over today after the drive yesterday and it is fine. Nice meeting you guys. Greg and Kalobb.BBQ @ Big Pine Flat Campground.jpgFront of Truck @ Big Pine Flat Campground.jpgKalobb & Tractor Truck @ Big Pine Flat Campground.jpgJeremy's truck (Salty Deuce).jpg

NovacaineFix

Not me, that was why I stopped going. I still have hearing loss and tinnitus in my left ear from a firecracker some drunk a-hole threw at me. "Heads up" doesn't mean "plug your ears" for people who aren't in on the joke.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience JDT, but I think to clarify things for those that don't know about it, that was a different group altogether, though it doesn't excuse that kind of behavior and I think that most of the guys that I know from this group would agree.
Not everyone has the same idea of what fun is, but usually drunkenness and fireworks don't mix well and you and your wife were sadly victims of that.

Multiple sources tell me that the person who did that hasn't attended any of these events, but though as I am a relative new-comer to the scene, I could be wrong.

Don't get me wrong JD, not trying to pick a fight with you or try to put you on the spot, just think it's not cool to lump these guys in with bad events from another group from years ago. And I "assume" you were not making that association with that drunken firework thrower guy, but more or less just generalizing why you haven't attended other events since that.

BTW, it was nice to meet you at the last rally before this one (in Barstow)

Prospector GM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience JDT, but I think to clarify things for those that don't know about it, that was a different group altogether, though it doesn't excuse that kind of behavior and I think that most of the guys that I know from this group would agree.
Not everyone has the same idea of what fun is, but usually drunkenness and fireworks don't mix well and you and your wife were sadly victims of that.

Multiple sources tell me that the person who did that hasn't attended any of these events, but though as I am a relative new-comer to the scene, I could be wrong.

Don't get me wrong JD, not trying to pick a fight with you or try to put you on the spot, just think it's not cool to lump these guys in with bad events from another group from years ago. And I "assume" you were not making that association with that drunken firework thrower guy, but more or less just generalizing why you haven't attended other events since that.

BTW, it was nice to meet you at the last rally before this one (in Barstow)
You are so right NovacaineFix, that was a different group from other events from years past ''We are a totally different group''! :driver::driver:

MAdams

Nice to have met everyone, I had a great time. Other than a rear axle seal leak and the brakes locking up on my 105, the truck ran great. I kept forgetting to take pics but here is what I have.

Oh yea, I want a rematch on giant Jenga

Attachments

armytruck63

It was in the low 50's at night. We also had a lot of wildlife: ravens, blue jays, deer, woodpeckers and a close and loud bunch of coyotes at 5:00 AM. I also saw a rattlesnake in the road on my way out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks