• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Https

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We are now running HTTPS instead of HTTP. I believe everything has been addressed that was giving errors. (I'm showing secure among IE, FF, and Chrome. (It'll be tomorrow until I can test from a Mac)

What does this mean? Without getting to technical, this means that your browser is now connected to the server over a secured connection. Previously, all the data sent back and forth between you and the site was unsecured and unencripted. This meant that someone could play man in the middle and intercept data. This now means your browsing of the site is much more secure. And you'll probably stop getting so many browser alerts. :patracy:

What does it NOT mean? This does NOT mean you should post/PM any sensitive data. (Do not post anything you don't want on the web, IE bank account info, passwords, exc.) This should be common sense, but I didn't want anyone to have a false sense of security.

Lastly, I've had to do a LOT of cleaning to make this work. I *think* things are in good shape now. But if you encounter a page that alerts to being insecure or partially secure, please post a link up here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First issue to note, Tapatalk. If you can't connect via tapatalk, clear the app cache on your phone and try logging on again. Seems to be a common problem for users. Unfortunately that's the "fix". I understand why they'd code their app to cache the address, it's not often you'd be changing protocol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks