• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 custom A/C setup

erasedhammer

That is almost 100% custom install. There are way easier setups that work
If ya want a/c just get a red dot kit. They are plug and play with (most) any configuration humvee. I am currently setting up one that is all red dot except for a civi condenser which I'm throwing on the radiator stack like he did.

Mario

I don't like the fact that red dot mounts in middle back, blocking access to rear and interfering with topless view.
This setup goes in radio tray's dead space.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

erasedhammer

I don't like the fact that red dot mounts in middle back, blocking access to rear and interfering with topless view.
This setup goes in radio tray's dead space.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
The red dot unit can be mounted anywhere you like. For me, I'm mounting it between the two rear seats down low so I can still see out my back window. I've seen people mount them horizontal right behind the radio deck, or standing up in that spot.

When mounted low, they are barely taller than the fenders

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well this answers my question about if the condenser could be added to the stack. But I have to imagine his fan is on pretty much all the time. I'd like to go down this path, but I kinda want to keep that area open where he put the compressor for a turbo.

Kantgetwrite

Red Dot Install

Well this answers my question about if the condenser could be added to the stack. But I have to imagine his fan is on pretty much all the time. I'd like to go down this path, but I kinda want to keep that area open where he put the compressor for a turbo.
I finished my red dot ac install. If anyone needs brackets made like the ones seen, let me know. The back wall is pretty much like an up armored version Humvee. It doesn't budge. Made out of 1/4.

Attachments

Sintorion

I don't like the idea of removing belts considering the drag you get as it is when the fan kicks on. I could only imagine the power drain when the AC clutch kicks on the same time as the fan.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't like the idea of removing belts considering the drag you get as it is when the fan kicks on. I could only imagine the power drain when the AC clutch kicks on the same time as the fan.
The red dot kit comes with a new water pump pulley so a 5th belt runs to power the compressor.

Search fellow ss amtak on epay:
AC PULLEY HUMMER HUMVEE HMMWV M998 1233782 NSN 3020-01-313-0682 CP3B4R

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummer H1 has the Condensor on the cooling stack....from 92-2006

Skrilex

Banned
I really want ac in mine as we have dogs that I don't like to cook but these red dot things and other solutions just seem like huge appliances in the cab. Why are they so bulky and rear mounting and all that? Why can't it be a small box on the doghouse area like, well, every other car on the road?

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have been looking all over for a v-belt compressor. None on ePay. I'm wondering if I can rig an after-market. I'm doing something a bit different (heaven forbid!) than stock. I have about five of the red dot pully brackets now.....

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have been looking all over for a v-belt compressor. None on ePay. I'm wondering if I can rig an after-market. I'm doing something a bit different (heaven forbid!) than stock. I have about five of the red dot pully brackets now.....
Try 98G as I think he had one.

Also search 24v compressor on epay. Look for v belt and same style mounting as the sanden mount is pretty standard configuration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks