• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 custom A/C setup

Crapgame

I asked them about the 24v kit, Coldmasterinc recommended the 22,000 BTU kit said the 13,000 BTU kit wouldn't cool the 4 man cab enough.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-KIT-UNIVERSAL-REDDOT-EVAPORATOR-R-2400-0-25-000-BTU-24V-HUMVEES-UNI-HARNESS/283075013171?hash=item41e895ea33:g:YhEAAOSwGDZbW0p2

What I'd like to find out is if there is a way to combine the 4 vent evaporator into the heater box on the passenger side, then route one of the M1151 air duct overtop the dash to the driver, so its easier to access the transmission cover.

That or what for Greg to find another one of the M1151 evaporator covers that doubles as a Gunner Platform.

Last edited:

infidel got me

It cools the front ok, but if its hot out you wont be turning it down. I may install the red dot evaporator between my rear seats. I dont like the condenser set up on the red dot... Take's up WAY too much space. I have a source that has a few new units laying around. I will add it to existing kit add see how it works...

Restomod Air

A/C Kit for M998 HUMVEE – HMMWV
Supporting Vendor
RESTOMOD AIR has a black powder-coated all STEEL a/c kit that was specifically engineered and designed for the AM General HUMVEE – HMMWV. The plenum reaches from passenger to driver without creating a division. This a/c kit looks like it was always meant for the HMMWV. This is a complete kit, everything you need inside the cab and under the hood.

You can view it here if you are interested.

https://www.restomodair.com/shopproducts/humvee-hmmwv-trumod-complete-ac-system/

HMMWV AC KIT.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks