• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

possible pump fdc H.h. failure help

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ahh, you are calling the plunger the quill, which is wrong. The quill shaft is in the IP that drives the hydraulic head.

The oblong part raises the fuel block.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes the red paint is not there but the scribe mark is. When the Head scribe and pointer line up they come out and if you look down the IP hole where the Head was you should see there on the quill shaft the cut out on the retainer washer. When the head is replaced the scribe and pointer well be back in line again.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for addressing that point. I am still 'Miffed' as to WHY a engineering component would not align to actual timing marks..Why the heck not Place the flipp'in marks Exactly where they are supposed to be. just my 11.7 penn'eth. Also the button was present all three and that 3 legged little washer.
(Another) GLUM point of the day. One of the cadets drove out with the fork truck..without noticing a spare hydraulic Head sitting on the rear.....Yep..it fell of and snapped the quill!... Just what to say?.. try.."Tut Tut".."clumsy".....He already felt bad..No need to add to it. My fault I'm the 'boss'.
Just looking over an old thread. We have discussed this before but I feel you must rotate the engine / jackshaft the same direction she runs when trying to get the Head out. If I remember jackshaft counter clockwise would be the same as when she runs looking from the back of the engine. Believe maybe some are turning the jackshaft or the engine opposite of the way she runs. Also if you do turn the correct way but pass the marks you need to continue for maybe 1/4 or more rotation then come back the correct rotation and try to hit the make without backing up. I have had no trouble getting out or in the Heads I have changed. Just a thought.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

A similar thread is running on a deuce that did not run properly either. Mine turned out to be AIR INGRESSING the system. The other persons problems..Also were caused by..Air INGRESSING the system. Take heed others starting to check out this "Fails to start or starts but wont run for long".fault.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks