• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

W400 Ambulance: aka: Dubya Four Hundred Bambulance: I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

m38inmaine

Good job, about to tackle the roof on my M886, was replacing that front piece a major job ?, I need to remove mine to clean out some nasty insulation and want to blast and paint that area. I purchased some closed end water tight rivets for replacements.

michigandon

Good job, about to tackle the roof on my M886, was replacing that front piece a major job ?, I need to remove mine to clean out some nasty insulation and want to blast and paint that area. I purchased some closed end water tight rivets for replacements.
Wouldn’t be too difficult to make a whole entire new one, IF one had access to a large enough sheet metal brake AND the necessary fab skills. I got a couple estimates on getting an entire new one fabbed, but in the end wound up simply cutting out all the bad spots and replacing them with a flanger and 3M Panel Adhesive. In the end this worked out better for ME as opposed to sitting there for months blowing holes in it with a welder and warping it all to Hades. YMMV, of course.

michigandon

Been too long since I updated this! So I slept on a cot in the back last year, and that worked *okay*, however the **** wheel well made it so it had to be right in the middle of everything, so we made up a bed frame topped with a twin RV mattress. Karen then suggested that the fridge and microwave ought to be up off the floor more, so we made it so!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks