• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

W400 Ambulance: aka: Dubya Four Hundred Bambulance: I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

michigandon

But wait, there's more!

Did I mention it's also Cummins-powered?

It definitely has some issues that need to be addressed (IE the roof is in desperate need of some love!), but to the best of my knowledge it is the only one configured like this on the planet.

Let this serve as an Official Build Thread.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOO!!! About time!

Seriously glad you found one. Just don't forget to make your "It's not an M886 /****it" posterboard.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got to give more details than that. I thought it had a newere front end. Looks like it was built like that. What yr is it?

michigandon

So...any suggestions on how to deal with this issue?

Gentleman that I spoke to at Raleigh Sheet Metal said that I probably won't be able to obtain a another piece this big. He suggested going with a rubber membrane not unlike what is found on modern RV roofs.

I'm thinkg fiberglass sheeting such as what contemporary semi trailers are constructed with, but it anyone has a better idea, I'm willing to at least hear you out!

Attachments

snowtrac nome

did you check vin numbers that's not the 78 dash either kind of looks like some one grafted a 92 or newer cab on to a 78 frame. being a dodge owner I say congrats the little be series will treat you well and should be a nice project.

michigandon

did you check vin numbers that's not the 78 dash either kind of looks like some one grafted a 92 or newer cab on to a 78 frame. being a dodge owner I say congrats the little be series will treat you well and should be a nice project.
The dash was also retrofitted from the 1st gen Cummins donor truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a '79 with a '92 front clip and doors installed.
Looks like someone took a 1992 1 ton 4x4 dually cab and chassis and grafted a M886 body on to it. Firewall, front and rear axles gives this away. Unfortunately, the ambulance body is beyond economic repair.

snowtrac nome

the question I had was the vin in the dash changed if not its not going to match the frame or door tag I still like the idea of the b series cummins in it even though I liked the older style dodge body lines better

michigandon

the question I had was the vin in the dash changed if not its not going to match the frame or door tag I still like the idea of the b series cummins in it even though I liked the older style dodge body lines better
The one on the door matches the one on the title. Haven't looked on the dash to see if that one is still in place or not. I'm hoping it isn't!

I personally would NOT have installed the updated front end and dash had I been the one that repowered it. But the "damage" has already been done, and I can live with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks