• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Albany Georgia Pickup Equipment?

slothman

I just got off the phone with GP- they said there are no forklifts etc. available at the yard in albany georgia. Can anyone confirm if this is true or otherwise?

TaylorTradingCo

I have been there several times to pick up multiple M101's. They had a huge loader/forklift to pick them up and set them on my trailer. I am very confident they do. The thing I like about that site is it's off base, so no hassle/dealy with getting in. Member SandCobra is there too if you need assistance.

JackMS

Any updates on this? I see a forklift in some of the pics. I've got a HVAC unit to pick up and was trying to figure easiest way to load it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It would be unrealistic to operate a lot like that without equipment to unload, move and load. If it was GL I might say it was possible but I'm sure they have a decent forklift onsite.

JackMS

Just got off the phone with govplanet. They insist there is no loading assistance and that there is no way to contact the site directly which probably means they just don't give out the phone number. This is kind of frustrating in that a lot of items sold at that site yesterday and more will today. In order to pick up within the required time frame, it has to be this Wednesday. Seems like it will be mass chaos with that many people in there trying to drag generators and other items onto their trailers. Being able to talk directly with the person running the yard would solve all this.
This is my first purchase off this site so maybe I am over thinking all this but I would hate to assume they can load when they can't or to haul a piece of equipment with me to self load and then not need it. Any insite would be greatly appreciated.

JackMS

So I called GP Friday to make my appointment to pick up my 2 items. The girl tells me I need to call the yard directly and gave me a number. After the day prior they told me I couldn't call the yard directly. So I called and turns out they are open 5 days a week-not next week with the holiday though. They said just call Scott when I am on the way and he would have my items pulled for me. Like most things, once you get past the corporate chaos things run smoothly.

JackMS

Picked up my items yesterday. All went very smooth. They loaded me with their forklift and they also have a loading ramp that could be used to drive something up onto a flatbed. I spoke to a couple people before getting to Scott but they were all easy to deal with and very helpful.
Be careful though- the gnats there are ridiculous.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Juts an FYI, Got a company that picks up at albany and warner robins. Will retrieve, pack, shrink wrap, disposal of non wanted junk in lot, and ship. He also allows you to use a commercial carrier to pick up from a commercial location. You can drop with them just like fastenal also. Local and nationwide LTL/flat bed. See GA location

www.surplusauctionservices.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks