• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Fuel Injection Pump Removal

88FLU419

Haven't had to look into what makes the fuel shut-off tick, either, but if it's stuck in "off" for some reason...
That was my problem. The shutoff works by moving the fuel rack. Mine was stuck because one of the plungers in the injection pump was stuck. It only had a tiny bit of rust on it. Ended up replacing the pump with a new one. The comment about the gear torque being too high is right. I went with less and some red Loctite. I timed it according to the method in the manual. It took a little while, but starts and runs excellent now.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nick, if it makes you feel any better, today the (formerly) parts SEE stopped running again. The strainer had about 3/4-inch worth of "black sand" in it.
Looks like that tank has to come out, one way or another.

88FLU419

That is what mine looked like. That plunger stuck will not allow the rack to open so no fuel. I was not successful at getting mine unstuck.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a view inside my fuel pump. It looks like Barrel #2 is locked up, probably from rust.

View attachment 689114
A this point I'd be tempted to squirt some sort of penetrant down the hole for the number two cylinder and see if it could loosen things up.
Not knowing what the innards of a pump like this looks like, it may not work at all. But that wouldn't keep me from trying.
Alright, in reality I'd look at an exploded view of the pump first, before spending time taking the line off.

88FLU419

A this point I'd be tempted to squirt some sort of penetrant down the hole for the number two cylinder and see if it could loosen things up.
Not knowing what the innards of a pump like this looks like, it may not work at all. But that wouldn't keep me from trying.
Alright, in reality I'd look at an exploded view of the pump first, before spending time taking the line off.
i thought the same thing but no luck with mine. Injection pumps have extremely tight tolerances. No room for the smallest bit of rust on the plunger.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i thought the same thing but no luck with mine. Injection pumps have extremely tight tolerances. No room for the smallest bit of rust on the plunger.
After seeing that the 50/50 acetone and ATF mix I've been using lately will seep through the seam at the bottom of a crimped oil can, I'd give it a try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks