• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen1 Light and Small Fire

dougco1

I noticed that your photo in a previous post of your wiper motor shows the radio interference widget hooked up. Un-plug that widget and plug your connector direct to the wiper motor and see if that helps its performance. Its not needed anyways, it was only needed for military radio interference.

cucvrus

There goes another CUCV out the door. I like reading about these mods. It makes me realize how few unmolested original CUCV's are left in the world. Good Luck and have a great day. Not sure the 12 volt conversion is a cure all. But not my truck. Don't take this the wrong way. I am voicing my opinion for conversation only. A shared hobby chat if you will.

iteration zero

Just to be clear. The 12V conversion wasn't performed with the intention to cure the problem. I wanted to keep the 24V system alive. However I had a brand new 12V starter on the shelf...already paid for as well as the GP Relay. So in the interest in turn-around time and cost the 12V conversion, option #2 was performed.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There goes another CUCV out the door. I like reading about these mods. It makes me realize how few unmolested original CUCV's are left in the world. Good Luck and have a great day. Not sure the 12 volt conversion is a cure all. But not my truck. Don't take this the wrong way. I am voicing my opinion for conversation only. A shared hobby chat if you will.
I'm trending the other way as I like the 24 V system: a 24V electric fuel pump left over from the M35A2 and a 24V electric winch. Off topic, I know. Maybe "start" another thread.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks