• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's Cat 7155 Swap into a M923A1

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It just gets my goat how utterly fearless he is about tearing stuff down and rebuilding on these trucks. And fast. It's like he's working on Honda Civics or something.

My new transfer case arrived and I got it home today. I'm sweating just swapping out whole components, not even tearing anything apart!
Transfer case only takes an hour or so. so chop chop chop.

Ajax MD

Transfer case only takes an hour or so. so chop chop chop.
First, I'm beefing up the roof trusses to take a 1/2 ton chain fall so we can get the t-case out of the can and onto a transmission jack.
Scrounger has offered his help and use of the transmission jack. Kubu has offered to point at things and alternately cheer us on/criticize. ;)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
First, I'm beefing up the roof trusses to take a 1/2 ton chain fall so we can get the t-case out of the can and onto a transmission jack.
Scrounger has offered his help and use of the transmission jack. Kubu has offered to point at things and alternately cheer us on/criticize. ;)
Bruce has priors for that.

It is easy work. if you are doing is that way then unbolt the bed and pull on it with a truck to slide it back and drive under the trusses and take it out that way.

or its time to tell the wife that you need a wrecker.

Ain't that the truth lmao but beer makes the time fly. I hope to hang out Simp once I live closer would love to come help and hang out. You seemed like a good guy when I met you in person glad me and my bobber could help get you loaded.

sandcobra164

Simp is great to hang with! Be prepared to be an expert of backing towed loads within an inch left or right and helping dig deep holes to help with loading! I'm being silly, Wes has picked up stuff from my front yard from time to time. I don't think many have put as much effort into keeping green iron on the road myself included. The one loadout that my better half left the house over was Alan's LMTV trailer. We got it loaded onto the trailer and the ramps Wes built held a M923 backing the trailer on. The front of my truck was nose down so the ramps were probably holding 15,000 of the 23,000 without issue. He's a talented welder so he'll never be broke.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I even parked the rear of BART on those ramps Joseph.

Well spare transmission I put in has issues. Grinding and wont move. So it's time to opt for a crate one. But in the mean time since the cab is coming off again. I will take the day on Thursday and replace the head gaskets since they are leaking oil at the moment. Should be a pretty easy ordeal.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Welp. Little update. Few things going on with the truck. This transmission I put in had a good many leaks going on since the install around the pump plate and bellhousing. Got into it today. Pulled the front clutch and found that 8 of the 16 bolts for the bellhousing were loose. 2 were completely backed out. And 2 were missing completely. The 2 loose and 2 missing were in the same area so this was the leak.

Yay for the rebuild program at Ft. Polk giving people jobs who can't tighten bolts. Pathetic. I had 3 of the bolts i could access that were loose from the get go. These bolts inside cant be seen from the outside.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks