• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE backhoe / HMMH crane compatibility

MrSEE

Anyone know if the crane from the hmmh can be swapped over to a SEE tractor? I know it's unlikely to find one but just curious.

I see in the TMs that the rear pump of hmmh is 14GPM @ 1100 Rpms. Is that lower flow simply due to lower engine rpms, or does the hmmh actually have a different pump?

Many thanks to all here!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, it's only the shape of the toolboxes that stand in the way of complete interchangeablity. Luckily for you. the SEE's rear box will accommodate the crane, but not the other way around. Oh, and the lock-down support is in a different position, I think.

The crane will operate just fine at lower rpms (as will the backhoe, for that matter), so my guess is that the system is identical, the only difference being that the high idle is set lower for the crane.
I'm not a good enough operator to justify running the backhoe at 1,800 rpm, and with the crane it's usually more critical to be precise, so I rarely use the high idle switch on either.

There may ​be a crane for sale, off an HMMH that I'm hoping to get some spare parts from. I'll ask about the crane next time.

EDIT: It looks like making a bracket for the travel lock to match the crane is easy. Bolts to the right rear, rather than the roll bar.

Last edited:

MrSEE

Got your message. Keep me posted about the spare crane if you get parts from that unit, as I do think I may have someone who would like.

Correct on the mount. I had to go take a peek outside. Have a HMMH parts rig, but the crane was stripped pretty bare from the get-go.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks