• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military MEP generator reset information

69birdman

I've recently completed the fuse mod on my 99 803a. I found the exact fuse holder and fuses on ebay, like $11 dollars shipped. Paid for 2 pack of fuses, they sent 4. Have extras if you fellas have problems finding them.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Something to read and understand what a RESET unit is. Also a great source for names and part numbers.

PDF page 29 has the MEP-8xx 5kw and 10kw fuse mod. It also has the ME-8xx 15kw and higher fuse mods listed too.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Something to read and understand what a RESET unit is. Also a great source for names and part numbers.

PDF page 29 has the MEP-8xx 5kw and 10kw fuse mod. It also has the ME-8xx 15kw and higher fuse mods listed too.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Parts and pieces for the MEP-8XX fuse mod. and some wire, and ends.

bm6031sq fuse holder.jpgfnq-r-3.jpg

tktsales

IN ZED254s photo there is a blue MOV / Varistor between terminals 7 & 8. Is that part of this mod or is that standard equipment. I will need to check my 2 older units.. I have read about the quad fuse issue before but my main unit is pretty new and I believe it is factory equipped with the update. Is there a way one can visually tell if a unit has the updated Quad circuit. I think my main unit is 2010ish.

On the 2 older units I have recently purchased, both of them have an inline fuse holder wired into one of the other terminal strips. I will need to look at that later this evening. It is not a high voltage fuse like this Quad fuse but I am curious if someone will be able to enlighten me as to what these fuses were installed for.. I will upload a few photos in the morning..

Bluejoe

I have a 2011 MEP-803A coming in two days and have been reading SS way more than I probably should! Thank you all so much for the good info!
My unit does not have any reset tags, and after reading this thread I am wondering if I should be looking for this mod on my unit or should I expect to do it myself as a preventive measure? It sounds like a problem I definitely would like to avoid!
Hello How did you make out with this unit. Any resets How many hours and how is it running? Thanks Joe

Jigawatts

Hello How did you make out with this unit. Any resets How many hours and how is it running? Thanks Joe
The unit does NOT have any “resets”, it currently has 7 hrs and thanks to “klopk” I have finished the MOV mod! It had the fuse mod but no MOV. The unit has been running fine (after a careful and detailed inspection and initial precautionary maintenance) with the peace of mind of having the MOV in! Thanks to all the members here, I have been busy going through the machine and it’s a long story,.... which I do plan to post for those who care to read in a new thread! I’ll post a link here when I can finally finish the last few items on my list and put it all together so that hopefully it too may help others as I have been helped!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks