• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Lever

Kora

On a M998 A1, the tip of hand brake lever touches dash board when the brake is released. Is there a shorter hand lever? Or can the handle length be modified so the tip would not touch dash?
Any thoughts to share?
Thanks.

Wire Fox

On a M998 A1, the tip of hand brake lever touches dash board when the brake is released. Is there a shorter hand lever? Or can the handle length be modified so the tip would not touch dash?
Any thoughts to share?
Thanks.
I happen to have the same problem. My A1 came with a push button release parking brake lever and there's actually a pretty awesome hole dented into the dash because of it. A simple brace to limit its travel would fix the problem quite well, but that was one of things I've decided I won't worry about until there's nothing actually important to worry about.

papakb

Screw down the knob on the end and then take up the cable slack on the other end. There is an adjustment on the link from the handle where it goes through the B pillar and then splits out to the rear calipers. Take a look at pages 15 and 16 of MWO 9-2320-280-35-1 and you can see where the adjustment is.

Last edited:

Double

Guys, My e brake has new cables, they completely disengage to the stops on the calipers yet my Ebrake light on the dash stays on. It just started happening. Any ideas on what to start looking for or replace?

General Hood

Guys, My e brake has new cables, they completely disengage to the stops on the calipers yet my Ebrake light on the dash stays on. It just started happening. Any ideas on what to start looking for or replace?
Happened to me once. There are a series of brake tests in the TM, I went through them one by one and at some point in the process the brake dash lamp started performing as it should. TMs are our friend

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks