• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 stuck in 4-wheel mode, not engaging in differential lock

peakbagger

Do yourself a favor and start a job ticket at Expedition Imports and ask if they have the specific parts you need for the diff locks. In many cases Mercedes made running changes so even the parts manual may be out of date. Scott deals with a lot of 419 parts many which are not listed on his website and if there is possible running parts change he is the one who probably knows. Your rig is not the first axle with a stuck diff lock and expect it wont be the last. Yes you may pay a premium for a Mercedes part compared to going to a bearing house but it sure saves reinventing the wheel. He also probably has a good handle on the other parts you need to buy when you disassemble the axle. Folks forget they sold this particular axle or a variation thereof from the late 1960s until well into the nineties in civilian versions as well as the prior Case MB 94 municipal truck. The other person to contact is Vons Mogs as he specializes in the 406 series and expect that he has sources for all these parts.

Over the last few years I have found several sites where someone has documented a tear down just for this reason. They come and go but with some searching you may be able to get a good handle on what you are contemplating.

Last edited:

RoJoGro

Thanks Peakbagger, I did start a ticket over a week ago, got an initial reply but silent ever since.
And I agree with you, I'd rather pay some extra $$ and get the right part the first time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks