• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP parts identification

Oklahomadeputy

Another update to this brake issue. I'm getting the part #'s for some commercial brake chambers. The BAE requirement on the park brake system was to hold truck at a 30 degree incline. So when theres a fluctuation in air pressure the brakes come on. As LE we don't need that heavy of a park spring in these units we don't have all the exterior added on reactive armor. I'm getting the part # on these and will share this info as soon as I have it. I've also got a copy of the Meritor Maintenance procedures manual and Meritor Parts manual. As soon as I have these #'s I will order all the parts and update with my results.

Last edited:

Oklahomadeputy

Alright here is an update. The commercially available brake Chamber part #'s are Meritor D63-3276X24 or MGM brand MJB2430ET756. These will require a little plumbing work because they have zero degree offset on fittings. The BAE required 30 degree offset. So there might have to be some fittings installed. I will be trying to make a video of the process when I get all the parts in and get started on the repair. Also you will need KIT7186 to have all the necessary seals and bearings etc.. to do the job. I also have the above mentioned manuals, s if you need them send me a message with an email address and I will get them to you.

Oklahomadeputy

Well my order is in and waiting on parts. If you don't need to replace the bearings you can order KIT7188 and that will be seals only. The brake calipers are still Mil-Spec and the pads are also. The rotors are still same mil-spec, the only thing that isn't is the Brake Chambers which will be commercial spec to lose the heavy park spring. After speaking to the Contact at Meritor they are getting more of these part #'s cleared off the Govt only side. He verified they are in stock and available and put me in touch with my Local Meritor District MGR to get the parts in a timely manner. He did say order your seal kits separate because they are experiencing a backorder issue on those. They are boosting the production order but its still taking time. Also there is a Special Tool needed to pull the Hub Nut behind the planetary, so touch base with a local armory repair center or a base in your area about assisting with repair, or loaning you the tool kit.

ROADDEP412

Anyone able to point me in the right Direction? Our agency has a Caiman ...... started having electrical issues ..... Fried the inverter on the outside close to the firewall (inverter was smoking every time we started it and Guages bouncing .. 12v and 24v side)

we have the new inverter, but im scared to install it and fry the new one

Midway

Here's an email reply I got from someone whose company works on LMTV's which are similar mechanically.

It could be any number of things…bad ground, bad alternator, bad regulator, bad LBCD…no way to tell without full diagnosis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks