• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1955 GAZ 69AM Engine Problem (UAZ 469 Engine)

D Foster

Hello All, I have what I believe to be an UAZ 469 newer replacement overhead valve engine on my 1955 GAZ. I had just replaced the head gasket as I had some water getting into my oil. After replacing the new head gasket I noticed that I was NOT getting any lubrication up onto my rocket arms from the rear hole located toward the rear of the engine. I first though my new gasket was blocking the hole, preventing the oil from pumping up onto my rockers but found the gasket good and clearing the hole. I do have good oil pressure at my gauge. I have run a round bar down the hole which seems clear and not obstructed. Any idea why no oil lubricating my rockers? Attached are two photos on the lubrication hole. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about your engine, but as a plumber, liquid has to have a path to get where its going. From block to valve covers, check port for unrestricted flow. Could use compressed air or liquid. Also check oil pressure gauge that it isn't "stuck" in the good zone. Sorry, can't be of further assistance. Maybe others more familiar with engine type will chime in. This post will keep ya on top for a bit. =)

D Foster

Thanks for the information Tony. I did check to see if oil was pumping from the gauge that I have attached to the lower side of the block and I do have oil pumping out of there. I have blown compressed air into the port hole on top of the block and really can't tell. When I turn the engine over I can feel what I think is the cam going around approx. 12" below that hole. Thanks again for your assist and like you mentioned hopefully someone else will chime in. Take Care, Dennis

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dennis, have you checked the oil galley through the head, and to the rocker shaft. Ford 292 & 312 V8 engines were notorious for overhead oil galleys getting clogged. Remove the rocker assembly from the head and get a good look at the oil galleys. If the problem isn't in the block, it could be in the top end.

D Foster

The have taken the head is off again since I had replaced the old head gasket with a new one. The head doesn't appear clogged. I have cranked it over with the head off and nothing is coming out of the exit hole for oil supply to the rockers when they would be installed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks