• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PRC-117 vehicle mount wanted

papakb

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the mount for a Harris PRC-117? Why are these things so scarce?

TIA,

Kurt

Wire Fox

You didn't just happen to be the guy that won that PRC-117 on eBay Sunday night, were you? If so, I almost threw in my bid on that listing, but decided against it since it wasn't one of the newer models [I don't even know if the newer ones are cleared for surplus] and I have my hands full with the PRC-138 and my HMMWV. A search for "VRC-103" yields a lot of good results for PRC-117-compatible vehicle bases w/integrated amplifiers, but they're all over $1000.

papakb

No, I didn't bid on that radio because it was the older VHF only 117. I have a couple of the base/amplifier units but only one of the actual vehicle mounts and so I'm looking for another.

papakb

Preacher, PM sent. Thanks

This is the MT-6382/VRC mountfor the 117D that I believe is out of service now replaced by the F and G model's.

PRC-117 mount.jpg

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Last edited:

papakb

That's the mount for the 117F model, something we're likely never to see in the public. It's slightly different but could be made to work with a D model set. Thank you for the link.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks