• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick intro and transmission question, T96-1

eodcoduto

Hello gentlemen, I usually ask questions over on the CUCV side but I have a transmission that I need help with and it might be in the early Jeep lane. I found a T96-1 3 speed at a junk store that I bought for a garden tractor project. I would like to know what it is from and I have a gut feeling it is military but who knows. It might have been from an early Willys or a Gibson garden tractor? Here are some pictures and any help is appreciated!

Attachments

Jeff Lakaszcyck

The T96 was used in 2 wheel drive DJ-3A civilian Jeeps behind the 134 ci flathead 4 cylinder engine. Most if not all of these Jeeps had column shifts, with side shift transmissions. Your transmission does not look like it came out of a Jeep. I'm not sure what else this transmission was used on. There may have been some with overdrive that were used on two wheel drive Jeep station wagons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks