• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas to Toronto- M934, hauling butt and crossing boarders

Alice

Alright boys, the lunacy begins.

So my sister and i will be picking up my new purchase. A M934a2 sitting pretty in Kansas. I dont know how this trip will go down, i dont know what to expect or what in the heck im doing. Watch me fail or win its a crazy trip to get this guy to my home in Toronto Canada.

I pray nothing goes wrong with the truck because my inexperience will quickly leave me stranded on the side of the road. But we are optimists and we are survivors, we will make it home and have an amazing trip to show for it, even is everything hits the fan.

This is the route we are aiming for https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Toro...eb3844f9c8!2m2!1d-94.6707917!2d38.9822282!3e0
If you happen to be along the way and want to say hi we would love to meet you as we will be taking it real slow on the way back. About 3-4 days, about 300-400km at a time i guess.

If you have any advice, input, concerns, tips, all comments are welcome and highly appreciated. The guys on this forum have already been such amazing support (Moose, Leon, everyone from the advice thread) im super grateful to know you fine young men ;)

Ill be updating with photos and story along every pit stop and wifi spot!

---Taking inspiration from our bearded friend Galifianakis;"Two Pussies" is the name of this trip for sure.
http://www.videobash.com/embed/MjgzNzAxMQ
Lots of love,
Alice

Last edited by a moderator:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were running the 401 out of Detroit you'd pass right by Steel Soldier Terrh and his better half, artist girlfriend, who is a top Canadian....top.....Canadian. Knowing there's a 5 ton headed past Wheatley might cause a reaction with his Leyland Daf and you might run into him anyway.

Your 5 senses will be rumbling when you get rolling so trust that instinct. Smelling for burning oil, coolant leaks, hot rubber, listening for 'what's that noise'....what's that noise, what's THAT noise, looking everything over. Stopping frequently to check hub temps in the beginning gives you that level of comfort if everything is just warm.

One of our Steel Soldiers did a run to Alaska and almost made it home before they had mechanical issues. Set up to enjoy a breakdown and you'll never have a bad trip again!

Mos68x

Hope yer trip goes without a hitch hun! Soon as my ball and chain falls off you can bet I'll be makin a trip yonder and everywhere inbetween.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure you have been told but I will reiterate: Don't leave Kansas with any tires that have cracks. They WILL blow out, especially with the weight and hot temps we have now. Check all of them 360 degrees inboard and out.

I'll watch your thread for problems and can provide via-internet technical assistance. Good luck!

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Good Luck on your journey. I see you are taking a route through northern Missouri, I being a little south of there, I-70.

Lets rally for Alice on a bold ride across country. I was going to drive the M1008 340 miles and decided to just go the conservative route and trailer it anyway after I did drive 30 miles and fueled the mule up.

As said before take your time, no hurry, have support. Extra rubber for sure going such a distance. Kidney Belt may help.:tank:

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with you Journey! Post pictures of your adventure. If I was along your route, you would have had a place to stop and rest.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations Alice!

Have you learned any more about the truck?
What type tires and date codes, any of the tires leak down and sit flat, are any tools included (jack, lug wrenches, exc...), is the CTIS working, any background history on where the truck came from or has been, modifications been done, photos, especially of MWO tags inside door, etc, etc...?
Is your sister going to be driving a chase vehicle or are you flying in? Is this going to happen soon?

Sorry, so many questions, just trying to see what your working with... can't wait to see pics!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I live about 20 mins from Overland park if you need any help starting out. When is the trip going to start, and for my 2 cents I would take the second route across Mo, IL, IN then up to Detroit no toll roads and no Chi town!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping she has a chase truck available to drive down, pick up a couple of mounted spares on the way down. Maybe someone around Detroit has some for sale, and maybe even take back if she don't use them???

Mos68x

She did a recon on the truck late last night and sent pics, looks great. Haven't heard anything new yet for this mornin though. I'm sure she's gettin the crash course on operation and such, as well as final payment and paperwork.

runk

As someone who drives Houston to Toronto every couple of summers, Ditto what Wheelspinner said, that section along the south end of lake Michigan is awful, even in a civi vehicle. The route through Indianapolis and Fort Wayne is much more pleasant. Good luck and have fun !

someoldmoose

Late to the party, AGAIN ! Hope all goes well for ya Miss Alice. Ya know where we are if ya need us. ( and wheelspinner is right about the pics, but I know it's been a Whirlwind tour ). Waiting patiently tuh hear more.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'll guess she's in the middle of the recovery and no news is good news, due to pricey out of country internet access?

Pntyrmvr

Better she invest time at the beginning of this adventure than be waylaid later in the boonies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks