• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back Hoe Lever Lock ,right side wont Unlock

MAJOR

When attempting to put the Hoe in the Travel position , pulled the control lever to Unlock the hoe, and only the left,drivers side Unlocked , the right side would not. therefor I could not lower the hoe to the travel position, Hydraulic / electrical issue ????? . Would appreciate any help / suggestions. Thank You. Ray

alpine44

Did you by any chance buy the FLU419 in Atlanta on ePay? I had to cancel the purchase of this one because it could not be loaded and transported due to the backhoe being stuck in the working position.

Anyways, the two lock cylinders are plumbed in parallel. If one moves and the other not, it is a mechanical problem.
Try penetrating oil, patience, a crowbar, an even bigger crowbar...You can also drive out the pin that connects the cylinder to the locking "claw" and see whether the cylinder moves by itself.

If all fails use a cutting torch and cut the "claw" off. The piece is a fairly simple shape and any plasma or water-jet cutting shop can duplicate it if you cannot find the OEM spare.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, it's all hydraulic. At least I can't see a reason for anything electrical to be involved.
I'd loosen the fittings at the cylinder and verify that you have flow/pressure. Maybe also remove the cylinder with the hoses attached and try operating it that way.
Thankfully new cylinders from EI were only $60 last time I saw them.

For now, maybe you can pry that thing open (with a bungee or something holding the lever) to get the backhoe into travel position?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks