• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Switch Sense power tap?

Strong50

Hey everyone. Just finished my overhead counsel. I pulled off the studs on the PDP for power, but I need to pull power for the ignition wire for the cameras and Radio. Does anyone have an example of where they tapped for switch sense power? IMG_2312.jpgIMG_2315.jpgI ran the power for the automatic door locks, power windows, interior lights, front and rear light bars, the 3 cameras, and 9" LCD screen.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You installed power windows and door locks? That sounds pretty interesting and I'd like to see how and what you used. Do you have a keyless entry remote, so that when you get out and hit the lock button it goes "chirp chirp"? :razz:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a relay in the panel that is switched with the main power switch. Its 24v but you can use the output to drive a secondary 12v relay.

Strong50

IMG_2298.jpgIMG_2299.jpgIMG_2317.jpgI bought the two door window kit off of Amazon. It's a really straight forward install which took about 90 minutes and I'm $40.00 all in.

I'll some pictures of the door locks, but I had to order new Actuators.

coachgeo

There are numerous of generic Automatic window conversion kits out there that would work fine. Wish could find manual/Automatic units for the doors though. As in basically, keep the manual crank available for when needed on at least one of the windows. Appears no one makes that option though. If could find such an animal I'de preferably use at least that option on the driver's side.

coachgeo

any updates on your power windows.... good roll up/down speeds? everything still copasetic?? Have ordered bilitek as well. Hope to modify so can pop a crank handle back on if needed in an emergency situation or just if something fails while on a journey.

Strong50

any updates on your power windows.... good roll up/down speeds? everything still copasetic?? Have ordered bilitek as well. Hope to modify so can pop a crank handle back on if needed in an emergency situation or just if something fails while on a journey.
The windows work great. however, I used some silicone spray about 2 weeks ago and for some reason the Driver side is beginning to stick. The passenger side is smooth as can be. If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to lubricate the windows, then please by all means, let me know.

Putting some thought into how you could modify the adaptor to accept the handle. The window kit I purchased came with 30 or so combinations of adaptors and the black cap that covers the adaptors can come on and off with ease. However Everything is plastic so i fell if you were not able to mechanically fasten the handle with the original screw than it would just strip the plastic adaptor gears.

I wish you the best of luck and please post your progress.

coachgeo

The windows work great. however, I used some silicone spray about 2 weeks ago and for some reason the Driver side is beginning to stick. The passenger side is smooth as can be. If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to lubricate the windows, then please by all means, let me know. ....
any updates on what you did to smooth out the drivers side?

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
The windows work great. however, I used some silicone spray about 2 weeks ago and for some reason the Driver side is beginning to stick. The passenger side is smooth as can be. If anyone has any suggestions on a different way to lubricate the windows, then please by all means, let me know.

Putting some thought into how you could modify the adaptor to accept the handle. The window kit I purchased came with 30 or so combinations of adaptors and the black cap that covers the adaptors can come on and off with ease. However Everything is plastic so i fell if you were not able to mechanically fasten the handle with the original screw than it would just strip the plastic adaptor gears.

I wish you the best of luck and please post your progress.
I had the same issue with the driver's side.
Haven't taken the time to fix it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks