• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swapped out Carbs today........ and what a difference`

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been running a Holley 670 CFM truck avenger the last few years on the V100 and it started running a bit rough, etc, had some serious corrosion in the fuel bowls etc, working with holley on this. In the mean time, I did some research on CFM, Carbs, etc and did some calculations based on stock 361 with the aftermarket intake manifold etc, mainly interested in the correct size carb. Based on the various CFM calculators and the max RPM of the engine (when it had the original carb) of 4000 RPM, the calculators were staying that a 350 CFM carb was right on point. I ended up finding a factory new Holley Truck Avenger 470 CFM and mounted it up today, set the idle at 650 and took it out for a test drive. The difference in performance is very noticable. Much stronger low end and mid range and about the same if not better top end as well. The 670 CFM was just too much carb. If anyone is looking to go aftermarket carb on theirs, remember, there is such a thing as too much carb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks