• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HF54 power steering for my M35A2

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You now have a truck you must keep forever.
For sure. My wife said she is gonna bury me in it. Now to find someone who will have an excavator big enough to dig the hole.

Unless I trust my sons to take the reigns...and give it the love it deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianp454

Yes, I have Solidworks. Sent you a PM.

Do you have access to CAD software? Or know someone who does? I do have a drawing in AutoCAD which you can print out as a full scale template for drilling. If not, I can convert it to PDF with dimensions. If I recall my template was only for the box mounting and the sector shaft hole, not for all the plate mounting bolts.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You now have a truck you must keep forever.
I have a friend with a pretty basic deuce (no winch, no dropside, ND tires, etc.) and he likes 24087 and I keep sending him pictures of this truck saying "You could be this cool!"

So far, it had not moved him to action :(

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Eastern had the best prices last time I looked. Seems some have said their shipping sucks though. Might check with them.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know of a current source for the multifuel PS pump, mount, and gear that is reasonably priced?
Not sure about current source for the pump itself - if you are looking for NEW or NOS parts... But not too long ago you could get those at Waterloo Specialties (member m-35tom). AFAK he has sold parts individually also; not just the whole kit.

For the correct mounting/adapter housing I would consider this one: http://www.tnjmurray.com/militaryve...tid/66/id/264C11F6-FF01-F7E7-7B1D880CE7ACA914
... and here is one option for the corresponding gear: http://www.tnjmurray.com/militaryve...tid/66/id/26568DBD-B878-7F9F-402D1039FE2AD92F

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eastern had the best prices last time I looked. Seems some have said their shipping sucks though. Might check with them.
Talk to Bill at Eastern Surplus...$150 for a takeoff with the gear and the flange. Didn’t ask about shipping. That’s cheaper than I got mine for, but mine was NOS from a fellow member who was putting an rebuilt LDS in his M35 and didn’t need the pump.

59apache

Chipmaker
And for anybody who looks for a HF54...there are different output shafts availible. You need a full spline AND full grove.
Don't ask how i find out.
Been there, done that..

Last edited:

Lead Farmer 5.56

Great thread. This is also very high in my priority list on my 109. I've been researching this and searching for parts the past few weeks. I spend hundreds of miles at a time in the 109 followed by hours of offroading getting to camping spots and that manual steering with 395s on the technical stuff makes me tell passengers to get the liquor ready for when we stop.
I’d love to hear if you’ve made the P/S upgrade as I just bought a 109 myself and looking to make this upgrade. I’ve read others using a Saginaw steering box and a 5 ton pump with little modification to the truck, but haven’t been able to get any additional info on their build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks