• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V8 Diesel greeting from Germany :-)

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hallo and Welcome also from germany ( Rhein Main area ).
.....I know......something late.
But rather late than never.
Now we can organize a big Steelsoldiers meet in Hessen......lol

Hello!

Now we can organize a big Steelsoldiers meet in Hessen......lol
Thanks for the welcome.
Who knows, maybe it will work out sometime.

I have still found pictures.

Ich habe noch Bilder gefunden.

With water tank for the horses.

Mit Wasserfass für die Pferde.
DSC03073.JPG

A glow plug had broken off and fallen into the cylinder. With the McCormick pulled back into the yard and then pulled onto the tow truck.
In any case, a replacement engine was still on the loading platform of the Chevy.
The towing truck had to fight with the weight.:grin:

Eine Glühkerze war abgebrochen und in den Zylinder gefallen. Mit dem McCormick rückwärts in den Hof gezogen und dann auf den Abschleppwagen gezogen.
Für alle Fälle war auf der Ladefläche des Chevy noch ein Austauschmotor.
Der Abschlepp LKW hatte mit dem Gewicht zu kämpfen. :grin:
IMG_5294.jpgDSC03924.JPG

In the hay harvest. The round bales loaded with the small wheel loader.

Bei der Heuernte. Die Rundballen mit dem kleinen Radlader aufgeladen.
IMAG2379.jpgIMAG2382.jpg

1.8 tons (3968 lbs) of gravel with the hand dumped into the shovel of the wheel loader.
The spring travel on the rear axle nevertheless amounted to 10 cm (4 Inch).:)

1.8 tonnen Schotter mit der Hand abgeladen in die Schaufel des Radladers.
Der Federweg an der Hinterachse betrug trotzdem noch 10 cm.:)
IMAG2862.jpg

Gruß aus Mittelhessen,

Holgi

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from nearby Czech Republic.

If there is going to be a German SteelSoldier meeting, let me know. Although be sure, I will not come in the truck: that would cost about 400 EUR or more just in fuel (by private car about 90 EUR or less). Don't forget top put a pin for your location in the Steelsoldiers member map.

Here a link to our blacksmith workshop in Nove Hrady. I really should update the German and English parts of that site.

Thanks for the welcome.
If there should be a meeting, then only with truck ;-))).
You have a very nice spring hammer in your smithy.
A friend of mine has a Hessenmüller Herkules 40kg air hammer, built about 1916, similar to a Beche' air hammer.
I have tried it with Member Map. Unfortunately I do not understand this correctly. I'm trying to keep it.

Danke für das Willkommen.
Wenn es einmal ein Treffen geben sollte, dann nur mit Truck ;-))).
Ihr habt einen sehr schönen Federhammer in Eurer Schmiede.
Ein Freund von mir hat einen Hessenmüller Herkules 40kg Lufthammer, Baujahr etwa 1916, ähnlich wie ein Beche' Lufthammer.
Ich habe es schon versucht mit Member Map. Leider verstehe ich das nicht richtig. Ich versuche es aber weiter.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The little hammer you see on the smithy page is an Ajax 1a 35 kg spring hammer. What you see there is the historic forge that is open for public. Our son has a real workshop elsewhere in the forest, with two more spring hammers, a Beche 125 kg hammer, a more modern Russian 250 kg hammer and an old steam hammer. The hammer from that one is 750 kg, the entire machine weights 20 metric tons. The machine you see on our home page is one of the large spring hammers in the big workshop.

The little hammer you see on the smithy page is an Ajax 1a 35 kg spring hammer. What you see there is the historic forge that is open for public. Our son has a real workshop elsewhere in the forest, with two more spring hammers, a Beche 125 kg hammer, a more modern Russian 250 kg hammer and an old steam hammer. The hammer from that one is 750 kg, the entire machine weights 20 metric tons. The machine you see on our home page is one of the large spring hammers in the big workshop.

In 2009, I was able to forge a 400kg steam hammer with forging colleagues in the Hanau steam museum.
Each stroke must be triggered individually by hand.
That was a great experience.
The videos of it have unfortunately a bad quality and are unfortunately only 15 seconds long.

Ich habe 2009 mit Schmiede Kollegen im Hanauer Dampfmuseum an einem 400kg Dampfhammer schmieden dürfen.
Jeder Schlag muß einzeln von Hand ausgelöst werden.
Das war ein tolles Erlebnis.
Die Videos davon haben leider eine schlechte Qualität und sind leider nur 15 Sekunden lang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fsiH4Gn-A

Last edited:
Sounds good....we take part.
View attachment 699190 O.K. , perhaps we should piggyback the forklift.:wink:
The FUG can then lift the Unimog from the low loader.rofl:mrgreen:

Der FUG kann dann den Unimog vom Tieflader heben.rofl:mrgreen:

If there really is a meeting, somebody has to organize it.
Unfortunately, I have no time and talent for it.

Sollte es wirklich einmal ein Treffen geben, muß das irgendjemand organisieren.
Ich habe dafür leider keine Zeit und Talent.

I do not hang my trailers to the Chevy but drive them on the loading area (well, have not even a ball head at the Chevy).:mrgreen:

Ich hänge meine Anhänger nicht an den Chevy sondern fahre sie auf der Ladefläche spazieren (naja, habe im moment auch noch keinen Kugelkopf am Chevy):mrgreen:

DSC04476.jpg

Transport of my lathe.

Transport meiner Drehmaschine.

DSC03093.jpgDSC03094.jpgDSC03095.jpg

I forgot to ask if you have photos or videos of the hammers. Especially from the steam hammer.

Ich vergaß zu fragen, ob Du Fotos oder Videos der Hämmer hast. Vor allem von dem Dampfhammer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks