• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 7.50X16 NDT tires fit on MB/GPW?

Bushwacka

Will 7.50X16 tires fit on a MB/GPW? I suspect that on turns or with a sagging suspension they would rub the wheelwell/fender
Anyone tried to mount these and run them?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 700 X 16 on a 1943 GPW. No problems rubbing. The 750 X 16 is 1/2 inch taller...so I do not know if they will clear. Strangely enough I have a friend who wants me to try a 750 X 16 new Military tread NDT tire on my jeep to see if they will work. I will be doing this in about ten days from now when he comes by with the tire.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the 750 x 16's on the jeep. At first there seemed to be no problem, but after driving around a bit (flexing the suspension) I found that the tires do rub the edges of the tire tread when reaching the maximum turning point on left or right turns. They appear to not rub in normal small turns and straight aways.
I would stay with the 700 X 16's for safeties sake and because a pothole or rough terrain may cause the tire to run into a body part while underway. There is very little clearance for the 750 NDT tires I tried on a stock rebuilt GPW suspension.

I hope this helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks