• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally joined the MEP-803A club...

Guyfang

Staff member
Diesel is not so aggressive on O-rings. The JP-8 we used in the military was a different deal.

If it works, don't screw with it. Wait until you need to change the filter.

Interesting. I went to the Lister Petter parts book. They have wonderful pictures of the filter assembly. But no breakdown of it.

Some of the guys who have had sets a long time need to chime in here.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ran it for about an hour and a half. Looking for an apartment size electric stove/oven for a load bank. Will run it under load soon when I find load bank. So far very happy with this unit. More later.
I am in the midst of building a load bank that will go up to 13.5kw for this very reason.. the 803A currently under my watch has the thermostat pegged at 180 and unmoving (but it did move when I first got the machine). My hookup on my house is only 30A, so I cant even draw enough to make this thing sweat. I am adopting most of this design, with some changes to work for me: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?163190-Homemade-Load-Bank

When I am done building it, I will share with the forum.

robson1015

DSCF2238.jpg
Don't know if you can see it in the pic but the frequency control knob-button is missing. The spring is broken. I'm still able to adjust it by twisting but it's not functioning correctly. Ordered a new one from Armyproperty.com NSN 2990-01-385-9030. No picture of this part anywhere. Cross reference from the parts manual shows this NSN # so I have my fingers crossed that it's the right cable assembly. $51.00 free shipping. I'll let everyone know when it shows up here. Thanks to 'Light in the dark and' and 'Guyfang' for the info. on this.
DSCF2196.jpgThis was the sticker on the control panel door when I picked it up.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lovely, even though their website says available for sale. I have sent an email off to an associate of mine to see if they can source. Will advise.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update - just got an e-mail from Armyparts.com, they gave me a full refund and stated that they can't fulfill the order - ???
If you are bored, the manufacturer of the part (According to the NSN is B.W. ELLIOTT MANUFACTURING CO., LLC). The manufacturer part number is 347L-032-2. I show BW has a dealer in Ohio... wouldn't hurt to call them to see if they can source it for you?

Ohio Pipe Valves & Fittings4000 Trent AvenueCleveland OH 44109
Phone: 216-631-6200Email: mresch@valvepros.com

robson1015

I am trying to find original part due to the amazon cable is larger diameter and won't fit into the nuts that hold the cable. Also there is a fixed cable end on the original that fits the throttle plate. May have to try the amazon one if I strike out. DSCF2239.jpg

The water temp gauge started working after I shut the unit down with the emergency stop button and restarted it. Go figure. All gauges work and it runs good without load. I'm curious to see what the governor does under load. Searching for load bank next.
DSCF2249.jpg
Put a fancy exhaust flapper on but it was too noisy, went back to the original cover flapper.DSCF2245.jpgDSCF2251.jpg
Got all the openings covered with hardware cloth except the large opening under the engine, I'll get that after I pick it up with the forks and jack stands.

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

You can get name brand cheap filters from filterbarn.com. i ordered every filter for my 802 and i believe it was $36 shipped. I think that fuel filter was $7. Air was the expensive at $15.

robson1015

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oof... that Dorman cable looks better all the time, huh? Still waiting on my guy to get me a price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks