• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need someone to assist, to repair truck ctis

JamesAggie

Hi all,

CTIS on my dad's 5 ton isn't working. Located in Katy, TX, just west of Houston. Anybody know of anyone that works on these?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to be "that guy", but the Tech Manual has a really good troubleshooting section in it. Have you peeked at that yet?

TM 9-2320-272-23-1 Work Package WP-0142

Last edited:

JamesAggie

Don't really know the details, it's out at his place about an hour from me. I spoke to my dad and he's gone through a lot of the toubleshooting already. He's very mechanically inclined. Think he's to the point he just wants to pay someone to take a look at it, he can bring it to you if not too far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
well basically you are farting in the wind if you do not know what diagnostic trouble shooting he has done and the steps we can delete from out memory. If you paid someone to work on it who actually knows what they are doing and they have to start with their own diagnostics from the start to end you wouldn't be able to afford the bill probably.
A big truck shop wouldn't even charge you just a diagnostic fee it would be hourly since they don't know much about it.

and "isn't working" means 400 things. Flashing all lights? No lights on at all? Lights work, buttons depress but no function? Tell him to check the best thing first. Take all the ground wires off and clean the connectors and their surfaces and put them back on. Best to delete it and throw it all away unless you like having your truck on 6 flats when you exit a store.

SSG Gibb

If you'd like I can throw you some of the basic and most common problems I have come across in 17years I've been working on these trucks as a military mechanic, and a Mechanic work leader. I'll shoot you my number and we can talk truck. Unless you want to come to PA that's the best I can do.
SSG Gibb

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the truck building air pressure? Do you have an air line to connect to the red glad hand to air them up one at a time?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are quite a few old threads about this issue and a few that are very detailed.
I would definitely start reading.
It’s very common for CTIS issues to crop up.

I chased issues and troubleshooted what seemed like forever.
Lots of new expensive CTIS parts and still not 100%.

Now I’ve backed off working on it and just installed Schrader valves in the wheel stems.
CTIS still complete, just bypassed.
My M925A2 is for sale anyway, so I’ll let some new owner decide on how to proceed with it.

Now I understand why guys just remove it.
System will drive you nuts with one issue after another.

Have fun!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks