• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator AUX fuel connections

Beschneid

I am good with all of the necessary parts and drum for the AUX Fuel. Thanks Light in the Dark. I exercise the Gen set once per month. I have the setting on AUX and prime. Yesterday I noticed the fuel gauge was showing 1/2 tank. I physically looked into the tank and it was at 1/2. I added fuel manually.

The pump does not seem to be transferring. Possibly the tank is not at the proper level to activate the transfer pump. Does the line between the barrel and the unit need priming?. I have the hose coiled and hanging on the gen.

I was searching the various TMs about using the AUX without any luck. Does anyone have a reference? Any answers would be great but I would like to be able to and know where to reference it as well.

Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The system which powers the aux fuel pump has a low level turn on, and high level shutoff. 1/2 a tank won't activate either. If you get below a quarter tank, you will hear it kick on at some point, in the PRIME + AUX setting. I don't recall the exact level (it can actually be manipulated, by changing the installed height of the double float switch in the tank if one wanted it to refill sooner than later). Where its set from the factory is very suitable though.

Beschneid

The system which powers the aux fuel pump has a low level turn on, and high level shutoff. 1/2 a tank won't activate either. If you get below a quarter tank, you will hear it kick on at some point, in the PRIME + AUX setting. I don't recall the exact level (it can actually be manipulated, by changing the installed height of the double float switch in the tank if one wanted it to refill sooner than later). Where its set from the factory is very suitable though.
Thanks I will watch for that’s. It maybe getting some use in the next couple of days around here. I dodge the last outage Kurt aka kloppk lives a miles away and was not quite as lucky. But prepared for sure.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks I will watch for that’s. It maybe getting some use in the next couple of days around here. I dodge the last outage Kurt aka kloppk lives a miles away and was not quite as lucky. But prepared for sure.
Test it out.
Start the unit
Have the AUX selected
siphon fuel out of the day tank
Watch inside the tank, and fuel level
Listen to when the AUX kicks on
Stop the siphon
Watch the day tank fill
Watch your fuel level move up
Listen to when the AUX pump turns off

On all machines it will be a variable. It is roughly low point, kick AUX pump on 20% +-5% and turns off maybe 75%+-5%

This should be tested before walking away from a unknown unit if it even works. Test and verify. Some members ended up with 50 gallons of fuel on the floor. The AUX pump never shut off.

Floats get sticky? Someone messed with height adjustment? Floats disolved? 2 floats-low level -high level Seperate from fuel level floats

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks