• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ultimate well nut repair

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I had a link to the washers. I dont see the harm in running a galvy washer personally

Ziploc3

Does anyone have any pics and parts list, inside and out, of the UWNR? Also does it require torque to 40in lbs?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So before I turn into the incredible hulk on the parts later... if the well nut is rotted, can the whole assembly just be pulled out of the tank, or will I have to remove the metal pieces sticking out, and push it backwards into the tank to remove?

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So before I turn into the incredible hulk on the parts later... if the well nut is rotted, can the whole assembly just be pulled out of the tank, or will I have to remove the metal pieces sticking out, and push it backwards into the tank to remove?
Howdy,
Go look at the well nut thread. Everything is done from the outside. Simply loosen the threaded fitting and the well nut collapses. Pull it out. When they drain them sometimes, they just whack them off on the MEP-803A units.

Guyfang

Staff member
Normal bad. Seen way too often. But I firmly believe that if one only uses normal diesel, it might not happen, or last lots longer before it happens. Of course, when you over tighten the thing, its going to tear, no mater what fuel is in it. But that picture shows a well nut that was used with JP8. Lots of people like to use RTV to seal up things. Just try it with JP8. It turns into silly putty.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ordered two brass fittings from PlasticMart. $17 for both, plus 16 shipping (2/2/2018). Received them in about a week. Since they use an O-ring, I tightened the nut until the O-ring is compressed in the groove, and no more. Since you can't see the O-ring, you have to feel it in the wrench. It will turn easy, and all of the sudden stop. That is when the O-ring is compressed, and the fitting is tight. I put blue Loctite on the threads to keep the nut from vibrating lose. Now I need to get busy and go through the rest of the machine, so I can crank it up and test it. Here is why I bought the fittings.....

Can anyone tell me why my 8 keeps changing into a happy face when I post my reply? Can't seem to edit it out either.

Picked up a 802a off GL in Lockbourne last month with 500hrs. Only paid $580 for it. Makes me wonder what is wrong with it. The storage box contained documents, showing the unit was mothballed for storage 5 years ago. No signs of water damage on the muffler or in the crankcase. Turning the fan turns the engine (only moved it a little, not to scrape the cylinders until I get some oil in there). The only obvious damage was a broken drain well nut on the tank. I am tempted to just add some diesel, and crank it up, but I think I will pull the injectors, and stick a bore scope in there, and soak the cylinders and pistons in Marvel Magic oil first, just in case.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks