• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case seals and bearings

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does anyone know what seal and bearing numbers are used for the v100 transfer case. mine is leaking on the front output shaft and i think one of the bearings is on its last leg as i have a very loud whine from it. the fuild is at or slighrly above the full level with some lucas added to see if that would reduce the noise of the straight cut gears.

also, any part number or source for the parking brake band?

thinking of pulling the case and going through it obmver the next week or two.

thanks

Maple Leaf Eh

The transfer case is a Rockwell Standard Model T-275- D. The company still exists, but no one there would recognize the vehicle. It is possible though, that the components still exist in the parts catalogues. Worth some flashlight detective work and notetaking, then a trip to the nearest truck parts supplier and their microfiche.

One of my friends tells how he's brought V8 Land Rover parts into his favourite autoparts store to give them a challenge, and then navigated the parts catalogues together. That particular engine originated in US and was sold to Land Rover many years ago. Any LR brand part will be frightfully expensive, but one for a Ford Falcon (to pick a name) is dirt cheap.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks