• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 SoCal Fall Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like these events go by so quickly, we might have to make them a week long.
It was good to see everyone that showed up, as always a few new faces and a few old friends. It's a pleasure to see that when someone has a mechanical problem they would jump in without hesitation to help out his fellow man. Something about these events either attracts good people or it might be that it brings out the good in people that otherwise would be hesitant to open up, but either way it's always great to know people at their best.
A big thank you to Jeremy for bringing out the firewood, without him we wouldn't have these great big camp fires that we have gotten used to and thank you to everyone that came out and helped make this a great event. Hope to see you on the next one.

BnaditCorps

I wish I could make one, but Barstow is a h3ll of long trip from Vacaville. Might be worth it though if I could get a whole week to see family in Pahrump...of course if time and my schedule allows and others are willing I would be down for 1 week out in the desert with some OD Iron. All I know is once you have driven through the high desert once you have driven through it enough. Last time we were down there there was an off-road race going on along the CA/NV border, that was the only fun part of that drive.

I'll have to see when the next one is, but I want to make one! Whether it is a trip down there in the F-150 or in a vehicle that is OD Green I'll have to see. (I am looking at a deuce at the moment, only issue is $$$)

On another note, whenever I make one I'll see how much firewood I can haul down. We have so many downed trees up here I drive by 1-2 cords of wood sitting on road easements (the portion between the road and property fences) on a daily basis. Then there is my grandfather clearing trees out on his property in Redding. Not to mention I constantly see people on Facebook asking for someone to do a dump run consisting solely of good burnable wood quite often. Of course the saw is at my Grandpa's at the moment so wood cutting consists of a bow saw, splitting maul, and wedges (but those will get you pretty darn far if you know how to use 'em).

Last edited:

True Knight

Who's Truck is that! That thing is sick. If a thread exists for it I would love to have the link as well to watch the build.
Sorry, I don't know his username, ProspectorGM might know. It is a cool truck, inside and out, and he has some great stories about building it. Hopefully he has a build thread on here somewhere.

Also, sorry about the stupid tapatalk links. Sometimes the app uploads photos fine, other times it doesn't...

BnaditCorps

The links are fine, but it just means I have to take the time to click them individually, but considering the fact that viewing photos normally consists of hitting the tiny button in the bottom corner for next it doesn't make much of a difference to me. :shrugs:

Looks like it was a very interesting build, and it looks like he even managed to store a quad on the back deck! That cargo netting looks good too, makes the truck appear cooler while also serving a great functional purpose.

True Knight

The links are fine, but it just means I have to take the time to click them individually, but considering the fact that viewing photos normally consists of hitting the tiny button in the bottom corner for next it doesn't make much of a difference to me. :shrugs:

Looks like it was a very interesting build, and it looks like he even managed to store a quad on the back deck! That cargo netting looks good too, makes the truck appear cooler while also serving a great functional purpose.
You know what’s funny, I was helping FastNova deliver a M818 today and we saw his truck parked along our route. Ha ha.

We stopped and talked to him for a few minutes and he told us that he just finished getting his CTIS working again.

NovacaineFix

Sorry, I don't know his username, ProspectorGM might know. It is a cool truck, inside and out, and he has some great stories about building it. Hopefully he has a build thread on here somewhere.

Also, sorry about the stupid tapatalk links. Sometimes the app uploads photos fine, other times it doesn't...
His (real) name is Tony and his screen name is something with tony in it from what I remember him telling me from the last time we met. I know that's no much help. You can try your luck with the site search, but not sure if it will help to try to search for usernames or not.

True Knight

His (real) name is Tony and his screen name is something with tony in it from what I remember him telling me from the last time we met. I know that's no much help. You can try your luck with the site search, but not sure if it will help to try to search for usernames or not.
Yeah he said that he doesn’t post much, so there’s no build thread unfortunately

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks