• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red River Army Depot

Jericho

Going to K town was like heaven being at Spangdalem , used to take all the Convicted to jail in Mannheim , my kids and wife would follow behind and then go shopping or get pizza during the three hours it took to inprocess a new deposit

Guyfang

Staff member
Jericho,

What years? I took 2 guys down in 1974-75. It sure made me sit up and think at least for 6 nano seconds before doing some of the stupid stuff I did. They murdered a hooking in Schweinfurt. I took them down for pre-trial. Whoooooooooooooooooo, boy! Not even close to fun. They were turned over to the German system after trial. And glad to go.

Spent some un memorable nights in Spang. The HAWK unit up there in the area. Cold, wet, foggy and crappy beer. The K-Town facility now, remind me of being back in the world.

Jericho

I was in Germany 78 / 81 at Rhine main Then back in 89 / 94 at Spangdahlem but did base clousure all over Europe from 90/92 we had 2. E-9. And four E8 s for one slot each . Took many to Mannheim. I was the only Snnco that would do it in the squadron that said most were mine. I had 247 men boys and women theft drugs were most common two sexual assault one murder closed Hahn Zwiebrucken Camp new Amsterdam Alconbury to name but a few bitburg was my last. Did the Propulsion clousures

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
800 going to razor blade heaven....

what a waste and not all are armored up. It would seem to me that some of these armored lmtv/fmtv have value in rebuilding. Tons of soft skinned out there in service needing future replacement. I can't wrap my head around the math.

I remember seeing the fields of hmmwvs tightly packed before they were allowed to be sold. There has to be a better way.

labrewski

Good morning there everyone,

This is my first post here on SS. I am looking forward to joing the conversation in the forums.

I have a M1078 at RRAD that i am awaiting pickup details for. She "runs" per GP but dont know much more. I need to get her to my family's place in Jasper, Texas. Just under 200 miles.

If anyone could give me their opinion on this recovery i would greatly appreciate it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning there everyone,

This is my first post here on SS. I am looking forward to joing the conversation in the forums.

I have a M1078 at RRAD that i am awaiting pickup details for. She "runs" per GP but dont know much more. I need to get her to my family's place in Jasper, Texas. Just under 200 miles.

If anyone could give me their opinion on this recovery i would greatly appreciate it.
I STRONGLY advise sending a commercial trucker to pick it up. I don't even recommend doing a flat tow with these. Find a local trucker with a Viking drive on trailer that they use for moving logging equipment and send him for it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
RED RIVER DEPOT PICKUP LOCATION UPDATES - Effective 11/2/20

Items can be located at 1 of 2 locations for Govplanet at RRAD.

Location 1 on base : Anything that is sold from the base inventory is located on base at Building 473 (old GL Lot). This lot is located at the East end of the Depot Area. You must enter thru the commercial gate located 2 miles West of the main depot Gate. Enter off of exit 206 off of I-30. Go west on Hwy 82 to the commercial Gate. To get thru checkpoint you must conduct a background check, You must bring your vehicle insurance and current registration into the building with you. You will have to drive across the base following the Truck Route to building 473. There is a 10k forklift there to load anything needed. They will load on a RGN or Step deck. Base Personnel have a MaxxPro Wrecker with a rotator that will pickup most things if needed.

Location 2 off base: Anything that comes in from outside areas to be sold comes into this yard and does not go on base. Exit 208 off of I-30. Go south off of the on W 22nd St. Make a right onto Highway 82 going West. Approx 1/2 a mile on the right an entrance with a red gate is where the govplanet yard is located. There is a 10k forklift to load on site.

Days : Monday thru Thursday 8 to 2. Later times available depending on schedule. Same times are available for both yards.
Base Contact : Eddie - 870-331-3330 - Loadouts are scheduled directly thru him.

Wrecker service if needed - Red River Towing - Ricky - 888-369-2218

Pictures of Locations attached.

Attachments

Jayhawk#44

RED RIVER DEPOT PICKUP LOCATION UPDATES - Effective 11/2/20

Items can be located at 1 of 2 locations for Govplanet at RRAD.

Location 1 on base : Anything that is sold from the base inventory is located on base at Building 473 (old GL Lot). This lot is located at the East end of the Depot Area. You must enter thru the commercial gate located 2 miles West of the main depot Gate. Enter off of exit 206 off of I-30. Go west on Hwy 82 to the commercial Gate. To get thru checkpoint you must conduct a background check, You must bring your vehicle insurance and current registration into the building with you. You will have to drive across the base following the Truck Route to building 473. There is a 10k forklift there to load anything needed. They will load on a RGN or Step deck. Base Personnel have a MaxxPro Wrecker with a rotator that will pickup most things if needed.

Location 2 off base: Anything that comes in from outside areas to be sold comes into this yard and does not go on base. Exit 208 off of I-30. Go south off of the on W 22nd St. Make a right onto Highway 82 going West. Approx 1/2 a mile on the right an entrance with a red gate is where the govplanet yard is located. There is a 10k forklift to load on site.

Days : Monday thru Thursday 8 to 2. Later times available depending on schedule. Same times are available for both yards.
Base Contact : Eddie - 870-331-3330 - Loadouts are scheduled directly thru him.

Wrecker service if needed - Red River Towing - Ricky - 888-369-2218

Pictures of Locations attached.
I'm trying to arrange a pickup here as I just won a generator. GP shows
5147 US Hwy 82 EastHooks TX 75561 as the pickup address. I guess I need to call and verify. I'll try Eddie (above). I'll update this post with my results. Bids out to Veritread, Uship, and a local guy I've used previously for furniture(cheap haul-back I hope).

Later,

Matt

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im surprised you can see a birds eye view over red river or any base for that matter ! I was on RED RIVER 20 yrs ago when they were building the new warehouses and i was AMAZED driving back in there every time the trees would stop on both sides of the road as far as you could see both directions green steel drive another short distance same thing over and over and over !When i left i never was worried about the US having enough stuff ! Then in 09 4 days before the mass shooting at FT HOOD i was ridden around a half a day and OMG every road for miles and miles both sides of the road i didnt know there was that much tan paint in the entire world ! Civilians have no concept of what our military is just on these bases ! Make you proud to see some of our tax dollars buying the rite stuff !

Last edited:

Jayhawk#44

FYI, I spoke with Eddie as referenced above. He looked up my item, verified it was at the GovPlanet company lot, off site from RRD, and gave me Marco's number as the POC at the GovPlanet lot in Hooks Texas , 903) 556-0237. Marco facilitated my Uship driver's arrival and pickup. They had a large fork lift and we're very helpful. According to my driver.

My generator arrived and appears as described.

Thanks!

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks