• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't by from Welding Supplies from IOC !

1951M1078

I have a BITCH ! Ordered some equipment from "Welding Supplies from IOC". Its a on line Co. I got a Gift Card and never saw a Expired Date on it.(My Bad.) Tried to use it and it would not go. Ok so I sent a Email and asked what could be done.I was told," nothing could be done."
If you do go to them (I hope you wont) if you get a Gift card use it right away !
If I gave a Gift Card to a customer and it was from long time ago I would always take it !
They get a "BIG BLACK EYE from me !
So pass it on if you will.
Thanks,Randy

LanceRobson

So you screwed up and it's their fault? They only promised to honor it to a specific date. Presumably, they would have done so. How is you not paying attention any fault of theirs? This is your responsibility, not theirs. Shame on you for blaming them for your lack of attention! And shame on you for trying to hurt their business because you made a mistake!!

Lance

1951M1078

That's you way,Ok.

But I'm old school. I my shop if I gave out a "Gift Card" and the person came in 5 years later it would be good !

As for "Shame", how dare you ! I feel that this is why this Country is all screwed up !
Randy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much was the gift card for?

How long was the card good for?

I've seen many gift cards with expiration dates.

I don't think a thread title like this one is warranted for such an issue.

quickfarms

There was a big court case about gift cards a few years back and now they are not supposed to expire if they were actually purchased and not a reward in most states

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's you way,Ok.

But I'm old school. I my shop if I gave out a "Gift Card" and the person came in 5 years later it would be good !

As for "Shame", how dare you ! I feel that this is why this Country is all screwed up !
Randy
I would say the lack of personal responsibility is one of the main reasons this County is all screwed up.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my welder from IOC and got exemplary service. Part of the problem with business is the motto "the customer is always right" That position gives lots of unscrupulous custmers the opportunity to run roughshod over business and leads folks to believe they are owed something. Let he who made the error bear the consequense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks